Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been gone short of a week & return home tomorrow. DH has the pups. Today when I was talking w/him on the phone he put it on speaker & Lisi heard my voice. Dwt. said she threw back her head & I heard her howl like a hound dog---such a mournful sound!!!!! Poor baby. I expected Kitzi to miss me but not so much Lisi. I think being in the hospital a while back changed her. Since that time she has been lying very, very close to me on the bed & wanting me to pick her up & just hug her---she puts her head on our shoulders & is very still. Dwt. will bring them both to the airport tomorrow to pick me up.

Please pray for my younger sister---they took her entire colon about 2 wks ago & she had to go back to the hospital for a 2nd operation about 2 days ago. Tonight she found out she has cancer & now pneumonia---which is better than a blood clot which they feared, but still not good. She had breast cancer a long time ago & beat it, but this is not looking good. Her husband died suddenly 2 yrs. ago so she has not had an easy time. TIA

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
Geneva howls when she doesn't see me, breaks my heart
I'm sure little Lisi misses her momma something terrible, I believe they just know who cares for them, especially when they are ill.
So glad you will be home for a couple weeks, it should be much easier the next time because she will know you will be back

Sandi I am So sorry about your dear sister, I just can't even imagine what she is going through.
Sandi I will be praying for her, what's her first name.
Hugs to you, safe travels :wub:

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Sandi, so glad you will be home today for Lisi. Her world will be complete again as soon as she sees you. It's amazing how sensitive these pups are. Prayers for your sister. Sounds like a dire diagnosis.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T hank you both Paula & Pat---so appreciate your love & concern. Yes, Lisi will be happy today to see me & me to see them!
My sister's name is Ann---she is just a couple of yrs. younger than I am. I appreciate your prayers for her. Apparently they believe (or at least she was told) that she can do well w/it since it was not in the lymph nodes that were removed. She has had high blood pressure (but I would too in her situation) & breathing issues. They have taken her off oxygen for now---but she needs to recover from the 2 surgeries & the pneumonia. I am not sure when I can see her w/being on "high risk" baby call at the moment. I also need to get a flu shot & a measles titer as does Dwt. So many things to think about. Ok, am off to the airport soon.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Poor Lisi, she will be so happy to have her Mommy home.
I'm so sorry your sister is so ill. Like you said, as dire as the diagnosis is, it could have been much worse. Sending love and prayers.

·
Super Moderator
9,594 Posts
They will be so happy to see you. Your poor sister has gone through so much, I hope she does better soon.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Oh poor Lisi. She will be so happy to see you again. Both of them will.
Pipper always howls when I get home, even if I've only been gone for a few minutes. Then I'm supposed to howl back at him.
I'm so sorry your sister has been so sick. Sending prayers she gets better soon.

·
Super Moderator
10,144 Posts
Your pups will be so happy to see you! Sweetness howls too, and so did my Sam, although they just sounded silly when they did so.

Prayers for your sister!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Oh Sandi, I was so very, very sorry to hear about your Sister's health issues and will certainly will keep her in my thoughts and Prayers!! And Lisi and Kitizi will surely will will be over the Moon when their Mommy comes home today!! Wishing you a very safe trip home!!

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for praying for my sis---I am waiting for an up-date from today.

Lisi & Kitzi met me at the airport & I brought ice-cream w/so they were happy on all accounts. I think they are zonked---finally resting deeply. Now I need to stay awake long enough to go to bed!

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
When we were in VT this weekend I left to do some errands and said goodbye to Tyler and Gucci. Jim was working downstairs in the crawl space putting in a new water filter. He said he suddenly heard Tyler howling!! He doesn't do it very often but there are times when my boy is baying at the Mom. :) Glad you're home and so sorry about your sister. Hoping she can rally. Where is she located?

I just had a measles titer run at my doctor's. Had no idea she was getting it done but with the big outbreak in NY I guess they're doing that.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
When we were in VT this weekend I left to do some errands and said goodbye to Tyler and Gucci. Jim was working downstairs in the crawl space putting in a new water filter. He said he suddenly heard Tyler howling!! He doesn't do it very often but there are times when my boy is baying at the Mom. :) Glad you're home and so sorry about your sister. Hoping she can rally. Where is she located?
:smrofl::smrofl:

My sis is in East Texas--she also has pneumonia so is in ICU.

I just had a measles titer run at my doctor's. Had no idea she was getting it done but with the big outbreak in NY I guess they're doing that.
Dwt. & I both got flu shots today in one arm & D-TaP in the other! We will have sore arms but no one is complaining! That baby is going to love it.

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
Sandi any updates on Ann, it's so hard watching and not being able to help, but we know during times like this all we can do is pray and lean on our Lord.
Hugs to you dear friend, hopefully you will be able to see her soon.

So looking forward to seeing pictures of your grandbaby, it won't be long now:chili:

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No up-date today. I had thought she might go to a step-down from the ICU. I won't plan to go there for now as only her immediate family can visit. She needs to get better & I can't risk too many germs at the moment. I did get a flu shot yesterday & a TPaD shot. My DD was having some pre-labor when I was there but I do think it is just normal. My sis is in a good situation w/her care---prayers & good care will make a huge difference, I think.
Baby is due lst week of Nov so we are in the final phase! Mom is tired, has a cold & cough but all in all it is going well.

·
Super Moderator
9,594 Posts
Sounds like your daughter's pregnancy is right on track. I am glad your sister is getting the care she needs, what a rough time she has had.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:ThankYou::ThankYou::ThankYou:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Lisi howling must be adorable. Poor little girl missed you. My Juice howls when I leave the house. Molly tried to once. It was hysterical. I felt bad for her. Prayers for your sister

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you Elaine---she is out of ICU & may be allowed to go home (w/home health care & to her DDs home) on Friday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts