Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by Bijousmom@Sep 4 2005, 08:48 PM
Bijou goes wild when we have pop corn.  Poor baby begs for it.  Would it hurt him?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96891
[/QUOTE]

I would say YES. Tinkerbell loves it too. She has been eating it for 2 yrs. now. We also used to give it to our first Maltese who lived to be 14yrs. old. My sister's Yorkie loves it too.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
My first Malt, Rosebud, loved it and it didn't seem to bother her at all, even though she had a very sensitive stomach. I would put a special portion of it aside for her that had no salt or oil on it, though.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby loves pop corn, and like you K/C I usually try to give him the unsalted and unbuttered ones. I even try to do that to hubby too, but it doesn't work, he gets his own additives because I refuse to aid and abet bad habits

One thing I do try to do too is pick the crunchy bit out of the middle if I can too for Scooby as they stick in my throat and I just wonder if that would happen to him too.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
How funny! Miko and I just shared a small bag of popcorn (you know the snack type) a few minutes ago. I give him pieces without kernels and he just loves it!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Puddles is wild about pop corn, he always gets the 1st bite. He's addicted to Pup Corn (peanut butter) but only gets them as a potty treat.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey only chews the popcorn and then spits it out and comes back for more. It is like she is chewing the flavor out but won't swallow it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Thanks! I was needing an idea for lunch. Popcorn it is!!! :D I just wish they made them in bigger bags....one bag doesn't go very far as a meal when you are forced to share with fluffbutts.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley doesn't care for popcorn...but does have other crazy things he will beg from us...like Honeycomb cereal, cheddar cheese biscuits, fruit loops...and many more.
He begs so nicely and mannerly that it is hard to tell him "no".

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Sep 4 2005, 09:09 PM
Puddles is wild about pop corn, he always gets the 1st bite. He's addicted to Pup Corn (peanut butter) but only gets them as a potty treat.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96909
[/QUOTE]
Caesar LOVES the cheese Pup Corn, he also gets them as a treat
We haven't tried the peanut butter flavor.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
My dogs (all of them including Ty) go WILD for pop corn) we get the mocrowave smart pop (low on salt and fat). I have never had anyone choke on a kernal.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Sep 5 2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AJ@Sep 5 2005, 11:43 AM
Couldnt they choke on the kernels though?  I get worried about that....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96990

AJ... are you referring to the unpopped kernels? I just give K & C one piece at a time and I make sure that that piece is popped thoroughly, etc.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96998
[/QUOTE]
Oh, ok, thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Oh and there's just one more thing. You might not get much if you like to take your time and enjoy it, Cassie likes to wolf down her piece and then begs for more, she eats like a dog.......uh, nevermind [/B]

My husband hates popcorn. So nobody here gets some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts