Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have been a part of this forum for many years, mainly reading other's posts, but I needed to post today in hopes that you all would pray for my sister-in-law. I am 30 and have two sweet babies - Avery and Gracie. When I met my hubby, his sister was only 12. She immediately fell in love with my two girls and almost a year ago, she got her own baby whom she named Brewser. She is a 10th grader and her first year of High School was very hard for her. She met few friends and Brewser became more to her last year than anything she had ever had. He was, like the rest of us feel, her baby. Last night, Chelsea and her family went to her school for Open House. When they came home they couldn't find Brewser anywhere. Thinking he might have somehow slipped out of the fence, they went combing the neighborhood on the dirt bikes and the 4-wheeler. Brewser had somehow fallen into their above ground pool and become trapped underneath the cover of the pool where he drowned. When Chelsea found out, she fell down in the driveway unable to do anything but whail. The entire family is devastated, but none more than Chelsea. She called me as soon as she could (although I live 400 miles away) because she knew that I was the only one who could truly understand her pain. Please pray for her as she goes through this hard time. As morbid as it is, I couldn't sleep last night for picturing that poor baby struggling for his life. It has haunted me today. I don't know how many times I have hugged my two girls closer to me today.

Thanks so much,

Michelle, Avery and Gracie[/B]
I read this on MO and had to post it over here. This is so sad! I feel so sorry for Chelsea. I can only imagine what she is going through.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I read that last night and bawled big old baby tears. I could not even imagine! That poor girl...and the poor dog...struggling to get out!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard to stop 3 times while reading the replies. It was so sad. Someone posted a nice poem in their reply:

I Stood By Your Bed Last Night

I stood by your bed last night,
I came to have a peep
I could see that you were crying,
you found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly
as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you,
I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast,
I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times,
your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today,
your arms were getting sore
I longed to take your parcels,
I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today,
you tend it with such care
I want to reassure you,
that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house,
as you fumbled for your key
I gently put my paw on you,
I smiled and said "it's me".

You looked so very tired,
and sank into a chair
I tried so hard to let you know,
that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be
so near you everyday
To say to you with certainty,
"I never went away".

You sat there very quietly,
then smiled, I think you knew,
In the stillness of that evening,
I was very close to you.
The day is over... I smile and
watch you yawning and say
"Goodnight, God bless,
I'll see you in the morning".

And when the time is right
for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and
we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you,
there is so much for you to see
Be patient, live your journey out ...
then come home to be with me.

© K.C. Bingamon - 1998[/B]

·
Registered
994 Posts
it gave me the chills i wish id idnt read it at all
i cant wait to get home now to see Maxi
stories like that break my heart
i dont know what i wold do if anything happened to Maxi
that poor child must be broken !

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is so sad! I couldnt finish reading the poem it brings chills and tears to my eyes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
OMG, that is just the worst thing ever! The pain that family is feeling is indescribable.

My prayers and well wishes are with them.
Judi

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
The poem made me cry too!!
Good grief. I am a mess!!
My heart is broken for her. Poor girl.

J

·
0 Posts
Oh my goodness...that poor child. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. Hugs and Kisses to her from Lacey and me.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that totally sucks. i have no idea what i would do if one of our babies died. i treat them like children. the dog trainer i have said that when we're finished with training the dogs with obedience and stuff that she wants to teach them "water safety". so in a couple of months we're going to teach them to swim. when we move we're going to have a gate around the pool, but always, just in case--you have to have precautions. eventhough i only know how to doggy paddle myself---my family thought it was important for me to know how to survive in water. so thats exactly what we're going to do. i wish that lady posted on here though. no one on MO knows how to comfort like you guys know how

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
As I read this account of Brewster's drowning and sobbed through the poem I looked down at Pico sleeping sprawled out in my lap and realized just how much he trusts me to keep him well. I occasionally relax my vigilence since nothing dangerous has happened but I now realize that that is just not acceptable.

While I was out watering in the back yard this morning I was distracted while mixing some organic liquid fertilizer for my hanging plants and when I looked up and around for Pico, he had found an opening in the fence that cats slip through and was sniffing it. He doesn't like to go through tight spots, but still.......if a cat had been across the street on the other side of that fence he may have made an exception and squeezed through anyway. His life is in my hands and I value that little life so much. I feel for the family of Brewster because I know they blame themselves. Such heartache will stay with them a long time and my heart goes out to them.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was suprised they were actually being nice to her. Well except for the one post that said the poster should get another dog forher sister-in-law right away to comfort her. If something happened to Lexi I am not sure I would want someone to give me another dog right away. I would feel like they were dismissing how important Lexi was to me. That they were trying to replace her with the new dog.

Anyway most of the posters were very sympathetic.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 26 2004, 10:38 AM
I was suprised they were actually being nice to her.  Well except for the one post that said the poster should get another dog forher sister-in-law right away to comfort her.  If something happened to Lexi I am not sure I would want someone to give me another dog right away.  I would feel like they were dismissing how important Lexi was to me.  That they were trying to replace her with the new dog.

Anyway most of the posters were very sympathetic.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7761
[/QUOTE]

Lexi's Mom, I completely understand what you're saying. That's exactly what I thought when I lost Piccolina and the lady wanted to give me another dog right away. I asked her not to because I was not ready AT ALL for another puppy but 1 day later she called me to go to her house to pick Bella up. I was excited and at the same time very confused. When I first held Bella I felt very weird but now I know that if it would not have been for Bella, I don't know what I would have done. She eased the pain of loosing Piccolina and made me smile. Sometimes another puppy does make you feel better. Maybe not right away but I wouldn't wait too long. It really does help. It will never replace your loss or make you forget it will just help you ease the pain. I still look at Piccolina's pictures and cry but then I realize I have Bella and she puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you, mylittlebella, I had not thought of it that way.

The lady that posted the post on MO posted a reply:
All of you are such wonderful support in such a hard time! I have talked with Chelsea and her mom several times this week just to check on her. She is doing okay - as okay as you can in a time like this. She is still unable to go into her bedroom. Since Brewser slept with her and was always with her it is just too painful right now. One thing that I didn't mention was that Chelsea saved and saved her babysitting money and bought Brewser all on her own with no help. She paid for all of his food, puppy pads, toys and vet bills. This is not the average relationship between a child and her family pet. She is already talking about getting another baby as soon as she can save up enough of her money. If this will help her heal, my husband and I plan to help her get another one and we are also going to try to convince her parents to pitch. They just don't have a lot of extra money with two teenagers!

Once again, thanks so much for all of the prayers and Firefly, it really touched my heart to hear about the donation in Brewser's memory. All of you here at Malteseonly are a comfort to us both.

Michelle, Avery and Gracie[/B]

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Oh my gosh! That poem was beautiful, I can't stop crying.. I feel so bad, that's such a horrible thing to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Oh my God!

I shudder just thinking about finding Brit'ny...dead... Oh my God! I have only had her for a little over 2 months and I am already so attached to her

When I had to leave her the first time to go to the groomers I actually cried! Just having something that is living and breathing depend on you like that, sometimes we forget what a great responsiblity we have!

Poor chelsea, I cry and pray for her! What a resonsible and mature young woman! She deserves to mourn for her baby, Im sure she had a very special and strong bond with the baby.

Why ya'll have me reading this sad story at work! Now everyone at work is like "what's wrong?" and Im trying to create a vacay to Disneyland!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts