Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

There are a few ways you can post images in vBulletin. Hope this Tutorial will help you.

Option One:

Uploading an image that is stored on YOUR computer.

When you create a new thread or you are replying to a post, you can upload an image that is stored on your computer.

If you scroll down below the text box where you enter in your post, you should see an option named "Attach Files".

There is a button there called "Manage Attachments."

Click on this and a window should pop up for you to browse for the image on your computer to upload.

Please note, using this method to post an image results in the image being automatically resized to our default thumbnail specs. It's a pretty big thumbnail actually. :)

·
Administrator
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Option 2

This is for posting an image that is stored anywhere on the internet (photobucket, myspace, flickr, google)... even our very own SM community.

Option 2 can also be used when you're sending a private message.

Again, when you are creating a message or replying to a thread, you should see the generic text box. Above the actual area where you type in your message, you should see a number of icons and options (similar to what you would see on something like Microsoft Word). Among these options and icons, you have the choice to BOLD your text, choose font color, font size, insert a link AND insert an image. The icon to insert an image is the yellow icon that has two mountains. Click on this icon and you will be prompted to insert the URL (the web address) of where this image is hosted on the internet.

Using this method bypasses the automatic thumbnail resizing so in theory, you can insert really really large images. However, I am sure we will talk about this and introduce rules for this because inserting a really large image could severely hamper the user experience (especially for people with slower internet connections).

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Hi everyone,

There are a few ways you can post images in vBulletin. Hope this Tutorial will help you.

Option One:

Uploading an image that is stored on YOUR computer.

When you create a new thread or you are replying to a post, you can upload an image that is stored on your computer.

If you scroll down below the text box where you enter in your post, you should see an option named "Attach Files".

There is a button there called "Manage Attachments."

Click on this and a window should pop up for you to browse for the image on your computer to upload.

Please note, using this method to post an image results in the image being automatically resized to our default thumbnail specs. It's a pretty big thumbnail actually. :)
I tried to post pics that I just took with my camera. They are a rather large size but I understood that this software would automatically resize them for me. It was from my pictures on my computer. What happened, it did not do anything.......it told me to wait...forgot exactly the phrase but I waited and waited and waited. There were 4 pics but it did not do anything. What happened???? I posted a pic in the test section and it did fine. Please advise............

I am going to edit this......I just need to resize the pics before posting like I did before or I can't get but one or two in a post. It will not accept anymore than that. My problem is I don't know how to resize them on my Canon EOS digital camera.......

·
Administrator
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to post pics that I just took with my camera. They are a rather large size but I understood that this software would automatically resize them for me. It was from my pictures on my computer. What happened, it did not do anything.......it told me to wait...forgot exactly the phrase but I waited and waited and waited. There were 4 pics but it did not do anything. What happened???? I posted a pic in the test section and it did fine. Please advise............

I am going to edit this......I just need to resize the pics before posting like I did before or I can't get but one or two in a post. It will not accept anymore than that. My problem is I don't know how to resize them on my Canon EOS digital camera.......
CeeCee's Mom:

Are you over your upload attachment space allotment? My stats show you have about 171 attachments but it doesn't show me your overall upload space. Send me a PM and I'll help you troubleshoot this.

Yung

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
I've tried using the "insert image" icon with the two mountains for the last day or so, and it isn't working for me. Just blank space. :(

Later I went back and keyed in
around the url of one of the photos, and it worked.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
I've tried using the "insert image" icon with the two mountains for the last day or so, and it isn't working for me. Just blank space. :(

Later I went back and keyed in
around the url of one of the photos, and it worked.

Oh, I wish I understood what you just said. All I'm getting is without a picture. Is it because I'm still over my usage limit, do you think?
xoxoxoxoxo

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
The old fashioned way to insert an image from somewhere else on the web is to put
after it.

I think that using the icon with the mountains is supposed to do that for you. But it's not working at all for me.

I don't know about usage limits for images this way.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Oh, I wish I understood what you just said. All I'm getting is without a picture. Is it because I'm still over my usage limit, do you think?
xoxoxoxoxo[/quote]

Kerry do you use photo bucket? If you do copy the IMG link and post it directly into your signature box and the picture should appear after you hit save.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't see anything about "attach files". I do see the icons "insert images" but it asks for a url and I have no idea what that means

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
If you scroll down in the "Reply to Thread" window, you will see "additional options", there after "Miscellaneous options", you have "Attach Files", click on "Manage Attachments" and you can download your pictures from your computer. Don't forget to upload.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts