Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I want to post a picutre, this comes

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

Eventually, it goes through, but I have to wait awhile. Does anybody know why this happens? I know this has hapened to some people also, thanks

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Does this happen when posting from your computer to the Gallery or posting from a hosting company in to a post?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I just had that problem also. Then I went to a recommended site that Joe has listed, loaded my pic. Came back to the site and tried it again, it worked that time.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I got that message when I was posting pics to the Gallery and made a mistake of trying to upload from my hosting company instead of from my computer.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I think I got that when I was trying to help someone by hosting their signature on my site. What was weird is that is the exact same place I store my sig and some other SM member's sigs. It was weird. Joe did something and it finally excepted it.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jul 18 2005, 08:25 AM
I think I got that when I was trying to help someone by hosting their signature on my site.  What was weird is that is the exact same place I store my sig and some other SM member's sigs.  It was weird.  Joe did something and it finally excepted it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=82358
[/QUOTE]
Oh, thats odd also

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think I'm giving up...I had no trouble the first time posting Maggie's pic but now that white site comes up that says you have to go to Refresh, etc. and of course, when you do that, it doesn't work. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. If it worked before, it should work again, right? WRONG!

GRRRRR..I'm just so frustrated. I'm giving up.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I think it has to be in jpg format, not gif. Can you change it on your computer, then upload it?

I use photobucket.com, BTW.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jul 22 2005, 09:51 AM
I think it has to be in jpg format, not gif. Can you change it on your computer, then upload it?

I use photobucket.com, BTW.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83560
[/QUOTE]

The one I am trying to submit I put in JPG format..........sooooooo...hmmmm...hey I will try that site you suggested, though. Thanks

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
.gif works too all my sigs and smilies are in .gif format

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
whats the link to ur imagecave site with all the pics?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Jul 22 2005, 09:48 AM
whats the link to ur imagecave site with all the pics?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83578
[/QUOTE]
I posted the pic for her on my website. She is now trying to get it in her avatar.

For some reason every so often I or anyone using my site to host images get a warning message and after a few tries it works fine. Weird.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yea! Thanks to everyone who helped me finally get a new pic on of Maggie! Lexismom, finally what worked was to try and try again with the internet site you sent me.

Now...another question...this pic really looks blurry....what would the reason be for that? Can I get it clear or is that gonna be a challenge, too? Just wondering! :)

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by maggiesmom@Jul 22 2005, 03:28 PM
Yea!  Thanks to everyone who helped me finally get a new pic on of Maggie!  Lexismom, finally what worked was to try and try again with the internet site you sent me.

Now...another question...this pic really looks blurry....what would the reason be for that?  Can I get it clear or is that gonna be a challenge, too?  Just wondering!  :)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83741
[/QUOTE]
I had to crop it. Might not have been a square so they had to squish it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts