Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, wanted to drop in and say thanks for all the support during/after Sisse's spay. She was NOT doing well right after and today is back to her (almost) old self...she's eating well, still seems to sleep a lot more though. We also have had some problems with wetting in the house. She has been 100% trained for a few months now, always using the outdoor pee pad (through the doggie door). The last 2 days she has had numerous "accidents" in the house....is this a normal thing, or what?? It almost seems that she can't hold it as long as she use to. Although, she is making it through the night alright....any suggestions...???

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby had a few accidents too but he was back to normal in a couple of days.
Sisse's probably sore and I think the anesthetic does it to them, it's like they have forgotten what they have learned.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies gals, it just cemented my thoughts....Maybe the poor Vet won't get a call from me after all!! I am sure she is just as happy that Sis is doing better, we were just about camped out there....

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
It could be from stress and her feeling cruddy. It would be ideal to drop a urine sample off at the vet just to be sure there is no infection. Go back to the basics with her for a few weeks if there is no infection and she should get back on track. Lots of dogs regress when they hit adolescense (9-18 months) and need a refresher...not a big deal. Some positive reinforcement for the right thing and a little supervision/confinement will help them get back on the program.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JMM, we were very vigilant with the potty issues yesterday and today and she's been pretty good....The Vet also wants a urine sample, her BUN and Creat. were also up on her blood work before spay (she thinks that may be due to dehydration though) but she wanted to check her urine anyway. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts