Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just before 5 am the wind woke us up, then shortly after we lost power. then it came back on 3 min later...then right out again...now it has been off for 45 min. guess it is going to be out for a while. luckily when i went to tampa i bought a cable to hook my laptop to my cell phone. just wanted to pop in and tell u guys i wont be around, i know a lot of u r worried. wish us luck!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Jaimie, Hope you continue to be safe. I still have power in Jackson but I am watching FOXNews and the reporter is in Gulfport. I think my poor city is screwed! The reporter can barely stand up and they are saying that the worst of it is still 2-3 hours away. I fear for my house.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Thanks for the update! I was thinking about everyone in the storm this morning.. i rushed to turn on the news! I hope all is well Jamie... I bet you will be glad to have puppy pads now.. hehe...
I will be waiting for your next update!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Aug 29 2005, 09:07 AM
Jaimie, Hope you continue to be safe.  I still have power in Jackson but I am watching FOXNews and the reporter is in Gulfport.  I think my poor city is screwed!  The reporter can barely stand up and they are saying that the worst of it is still 2-3 hours away.  I fear for my house.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94906
[/QUOTE]
oh man... i pray your house will be okay..

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Jaimie, Hope you continue to be safe.  I still have power in Jackson but I am watching FOXNews and the reporter is in Gulfport.  I think my poor city is screwed!  The reporter can barely stand up and they are saying that the worst of it is still 2-3 hours away.  I fear for my house.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, gosh.... I know.... the news keeps talking about Mississippi.... I'm glad you and your family and pups are safe. I hope your house makes it!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
[/QUOTE]

You stay safe. My husbands sister is on Caribe Alabama. I am not sure where it is but it's on the Gulf Coast. He has not been able to get he on the phone. It worries us.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
A surge came into Gulf Port, MS where it is 27 feet above sea level, the water covering the ground is 4 to 5 feet deep.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Jaimie, MsMagnolia and all who are in the storm...may God keep you in his loving arms. I pray that your homes will stay safe, but more importantly that you and your families all stay safe.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
We got word from our next door neighbor. He had heard from the neighbor two doors down from us that had tried to stay. The guy and his wife had to swim out to higher ground. The people on the other side of us completely lost their roof, which blew across the street and into another house, knocking all windows out over there. The guy that called us said that he knew for a fact that all his doors had failed and that they were flapping in the breeze. We spent $15,000 2 years ago having specially made hurricane panels to put over all doors and windows. Guess we're getting ready to find out if they work. It is really bad on the coast. Mike said that even though our whole end of the street is 12 feet up, we will all have water in our houses - at least a few feet. We are really bummed. At least we are safe. We only brought our dogs, and a few clothes to come out. I brought the safe, the jewelry, the papers (including the Paul McCartney tickets for Houston). It is really not good.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Aug 29 2005, 10:15 AM
We got word from our next door neighbor.  He had heard from the neighbor two doors down from us that had tried to stay.  The guy and his wife had to swim out to higher ground.  The people on the other side of us completely lost their roof, which blew across the street and into another house, knocking all windows out over there.  The guy that called us said that he knew for a fact that all his doors had failed and that they were flapping in the breeze.  We spent $15,000 2 years ago having specially made hurricane panels to put over all doors and windows.  Guess we're getting ready to find out if they work.  It is really bad on the coast.  Mike said that even though our whole end of the street is 12 feet up, we will all have water in our houses - at least a few feet.  We are really bummed.  At least we are safe.  We only brought our dogs, and a few clothes to come out.  I brought the safe, the jewelry, the papers (including the Paul McCartney tickets for Houston).  It is really not good.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94973
[/QUOTE]
OMG! I'm so sorry! At least you guys are save. Everything else is replacable.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Jamie & Susan, I will continue to lift all of you and your families in prayer. I hope that it doesn't affect your homes. I keep watching Fox News and it doesn't look good but miracles do happen. Biggest concern is that all of you and your families come through this safely.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Susan,

Thanks for the update...I am so sorry...I can't imagine the way you are feeling not being able to have any control over this...but you and your family are safe and that is everything. Posessions can be replaced. I am so sorry.

I continue to pray

1 - 20 of 62 Posts