Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like I said in my "shocked/suprised" thread, Triniti got Terra pregnant on accident. Well, I am fixing that so this never happens again. I made an appointment and he goes in for his neuter first thing tomorrow.

He's getting a bath tonight to look his best for the procedure (and I know he won't be getting bathed until he heals!)

I have a recovery pen for him that my oldest daughter is setting up with his favorite blanket, toys, and bed. I will post pix when I can.

I will let you all know how he does. Poor guy. :blush:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Sending along prayers for Triniti. So glad he's being neutered. Are they checking his baby teeth are all out as long as he's under? If he needs any extractions make sure you have some soft food on hand.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Positive thoughts and vives

Prayers and kisses for Triniti. Please keep us posted. My 2 boys are going in after next booster shots.

Hugs...........:innocent:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello all! Triniti has been dropped off at the vet. My oldest daughter, Malayah, is a mess (he is her best friend) :(

We are getting the neuter with a laser (quicker healing, lower risk of infection, cauterizes the blood vessels); getting him microchipped, and getting his teeth cleaned while he's under. He doesn't have any baby teeth left so there won't be any extractions. We also opted to get 5 days worth of pain pills to help his rest more comfortably.

Malayah is making up his recovery pen and we are going to pick up some onsies to put on him while he recovers.

Here's a picture of malayah and Triniti outside of our vet:

And here we are checking in...the receptionist has that ghost dog statue that holds a pumpkin with suckers for the kids...Triniti was checking it out to see if they had any doggie snacks in there! :)

We pick him up today at 3 so I will update later!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow the vet office just called, they are done already and its only been 1 1/2 hours since I dropped him off!

They said everything went well and he's doing fine in recovery. :D :cheer:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
It sounds like things are going very well for Mr. T. I'm sure all the boys here on SM would join Hunter in welcoming Triniti to the "real men's club"!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Happy it went well and that's all behind him (or maybe not behind him anymore). I guess the laser might be a timesaver. Sending prayers for a good recovery. I doubt you'll need five days of pain med but good to have just in case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts