Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,027 Posts
I've been thinking about Kitzel a lot lately. The poor little dude is gonna be in a lot of pain for a while. He only has like 9 or 10 days before the baby sister comes - hopefully the worst will be over by then. It's gonna be a long recovery....

But on the bright side, the dude will be good as new in a few months!! :aktion033:
and he'll be ready to run and play with Lisel....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Thank you so much for starting this thread & mostly for prayers. :wub:
Kitzel showed up at 10:00 this AM & his Athen's vet showed up just shortly thereafter--which was good as there was an ER surgery that got pulled in & we had to wait an hour. She was a fantastic help & at 11:15 we were all ushered in to the OP room to meet the team of 4 that would be there for the surgery. They estimate 4/5 hours and will ring us up as soon as he is finished. :thumbsup:
We felt very much at peace w/what they explained and they were all so nice & helpful that we could not be in better hands. :aktion033::aktion033: My vet agreed that doing both knees at the same time was the way to go. She told me that she had been invited to the professor's house the day before & he told her Kitzi had gone up to a 3/4 grade so waiting was not an option. He was limping quite a lot this morning as the weather is turning colder here.
They know what to watch for w/Kitzi & I know they will do all they can to alleviate the pain afterward. I am sooooo thankful that God has been so gracious to bring us here and go before us. I know it won't be an easy recovery and we will have ups and downs but I feel confident that this is the best we can do for him.:yes:
Thank you so much, again, for being here. It means so much to us & little Kitzel.
More later.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Sending prayers for Kitzel,for a successful surgery and a quick pain free recovery. At least not much pain, if pain free is impossible.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I missed this on FB so THANK YOU for starting this thread. Sandi, I will be praying for Kitzi - I love that little guy and will be thinking of him all day. Please update us as soon as you can.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Sandi, I have been praying for precious Kitzel, his Mommy and Daddy, and all of his doctors. I wish I could be there to give you and Kitzel lots of hugs. Bless Kitzel's heart. He is such a darling fluff baby.

I will be checking in often to see how Kitzel and all of you are doing. I didn't realize the surgery took so long. But, as you are, I am confident that Kitzel is going to be just fine ... because you and Kitzel are blessed to have the best doctors for his surgery.

When you are able to hold Kitzel in your arms, please give him gentle hugs and kisses from his Auntie Marie. And, Sandi, hugs, kisses, and love for you.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts