Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please say a prayer for my neighbor that he will get through this. He lost his wife today, suddenly.

They were very close to us, almost like extended family. We've lived here over 15 years, this was such a shock...never thought this would happen. She had a heart attack last month. They put a stint in her heart, she was getting better. Then she filled up with fluids, got that taken care of last week/end. A visiting nurse was supposed to come tomorrow to set up some kind of monitoring system. She was feeling better.
Her husband went to work at 2:30 today. Her sister in law called us tonight at 7:30 in a panic that no one could get a hold of her. We thought she was just tired and resting. My mom started knocking on the doors and ringing the phone, nothing....

Well she must have passed away shortly after her husband left for work. He had food down for their doggy and she never touched it. He left food out for her on the stove and she never touched it. So I feel really bad she was over there in the house all alone all day. Atleast she had her baby with her, but still. I don't know if anything could have been done anyway if anyone was there, it must have been sudden because she was on the floor in front of the chair. I just hope she didn't suffer.

My poor mom had to go in and find her with her sister in law who was in shock, my mom had to check and make sure she wasn't still alive. My mom is very upset now from going through that. She had to tell her husband on the phone because he was at work, and wanted to know what was going on, she didn't want to tell him on the phone but he insisted. She feel's horrible.

The worst part is, they have NO ONE. They had no children. No family left alive, or any they speak to. Other than his sister. No friends really or any kind of support system. They didn't go out much, they just always had each other. He's over there in his house now all by himself, my parents were there a really long time, but he didn't even want his sister to stay tonight. She said he closes up and doesn't talk and holds everything in. I don't know how is going to go on now. Thank god they have the dog, or I don't think he would at all. I just feel really bad for him. And thought he could use all the prayers and warm thoughts he could use, if even from strangers miles away.

I just still can't believe this happened. She was my dad's age (mid-late 50s) and it's just really scary. I never thought this would happen like that. Just makes you think... :huh:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Amanda - what a terrible shock for everyone. :crying: I'm sending prayers and thoughts to your neighbor, his sister and your mom for all they went through today.. Just tragic. I hope your neighbor gets some grief counseling or finds a support group for widowers to help him open up.
I feel sorry too for their dog who must have been freaked out by not having mommy respond to him or her

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Will be saying prayers for this poor man.... I hope he'll start to accept any and all help offered to him. ...And prayer to your mom too.. must be an awful shock to her too!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh, that is just awful........anytime you have stents put in, there is a possibility that you can throw a blood clot for a while. Most likely, that is what happened and it was probably sudden and quick. I am so sorry for you and your Mom and for the lady's husband. I will say a prayer for her. Invite him over for a meal and try to be there to listen to him.......he will need some sort of support. You are really a good neighbor~~~~:wub:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow I am so sorry that happened...your Mom must feel terrible. I will be praying for your neighbor, after everything he was going through with his wife and now he is alone. :-( So sad...

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh I feel very deeply for your neighbor Amanda, I can feel his pain and know exactly what he is going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to him in his time of terrible loss and sorrow.
Tell him for me to reach out to his friends and neighbors, don't let him sit alone, let him know that people out here care and understand, especially those of us who are going through the same pain and loss.

·
Premium Member
17,455 Posts
Praying God's wisdom for you as you try and reach out to your neighbor!:wub:
None of us have any assurance of tomorrow---let's live closely to those we love and keep short accounts---forgive, affirm and take steps toward healing if there are broken relationships! Let's agree to tell everyone in our lives what they mean to us while we still have time to enjoy them! and be a good neighbor---just like you are today!:grouphug::grouphug:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Please say a prayer for my neighbor that he will get through this. He lost his wife today, suddenly.

They were very close to us, almost like extended family. We've lived here over 15 years, this was such a shock...never thought this would happen. She had a heart attack last month. They put a stint in her heart, she was getting better. Then she filled up with fluids, got that taken care of last week/end. A visiting nurse was supposed to come tomorrow to set up some kind of monitoring system. She was feeling better.
Her husband went to work at 2:30 today. Her sister in law called us tonight at 7:30 in a panic that no one could get a hold of her. We thought she was just tired and resting. My mom started knocking on the doors and ringing the phone, nothing....

Well she must have passed away shortly after her husband left for work. He had food down for their doggy and she never touched it. He left food out for her on the stove and she never touched it. So I feel really bad she was over there in the house all alone all day. Atleast she had her baby with her, but still. I don't know if anything could have been done anyway if anyone was there, it must have been sudden because she was on the floor in front of the chair. I just hope she didn't suffer.

My poor mom had to go in and find her with her sister in law who was in shock, my mom had to check and make sure she wasn't still alive. My mom is very upset now from going through that. She had to tell her husband on the phone because he was at work, and wanted to know what was going on, she didn't want to tell him on the phone but he insisted. She feel's horrible.

The worst part is, they have NO ONE. They had no children. No family left alive, or any they speak to. Other than his sister. No friends really or any kind of support system. They didn't go out much, they just always had each other. He's over there in his house now all by himself, my parents were there a really long time, but he didn't even want his sister to stay tonight. She said he closes up and doesn't talk and holds everything in. I don't know how is going to go on now. Thank god they have the dog, or I don't think he would at all. I just feel really bad for him. And thought he could use all the prayers and warm thoughts he could use, if even from strangers miles away.

I just still can't believe this happened. She was my dad's age (mid-late 50s) and it's just really scary. I never thought this would happen like that. Just makes you think... :huh:
Prayers, God be with the husband and anyone that feels the pain of her passing.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Heavenly Father, I'm so thankful for a loving God, you are always here for us. Good times and bad, Lord I lift this neighbor to you, he's hurting today, he needs your touch, hold him close, I pray Lord he feels your presence and he know's he's not alone. Send neighbors and co workers to his house Lord, may he see and feel your LOVE through each of them, wipe his tears bring comfort to him. Lord I pray this dear man will find your peace that passes all understanding in his time of sorrow. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Your wonderful caring neighbors, he will need you. Bless your mom's heart, may she find comfort during this time.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Praying God's wisdom for you as you try and reach out to your neighbor!:wub:
None of us have any assurance of tomorrow---let's live closely to those we love and keep short accounts---forgive, affirm and take steps toward healing if there are broken relationships! Let's agree to tell everyone in our lives what they mean to us while we still have time to enjoy them! and be a good neighbor---just like you are today!:grouphug::grouphug:
:amen: :goodpost: I agree.. can you tell us your neighbor's first name for praying....please

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that, his name is Ray...and his wife's name was Judy.

Thank you for all the kind words and prayers. Think of him over the next few days too, he will be needing it for the funeral and services.
I still cannot believe she is gone, and how everything happened. My mom is still pretty upset today...trying to tell her she did the right things. I hope he can get through this. Thank god he has his doggy to help him. I know she was probably so stressed all day yesterday, poor thing never ate.
But atleast he has her, its not the same...but maybe that will keep him going.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts