Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please pray for Sophie. She's at the vet right now.

Sophie can't stand up. When she tries to stand she just drops straight down on her belly with her legs tucked in like she does when she relaxes. Then she'll fall over to her side with her legs sticking straight out.

I hadn't noticed her limping or anything before this started to happen late last night. She's not grunting in pain or anything and everything else appears normal. Although for a girl who is always hungry she has not wanted her food. She was able to go to the bathroom this morning, but it would have taken everything she had to stay standing up enough to go without my help.

I'm not positive what's going on, but I'm thinking it's her knees as she does have LP, but it has never bothered her before. I don't know of anything she did to injure herself and she appears to be mentally alert.

I had to drop her at the vet this morning on my way to work and as luck would have it my usual vet is not on duty today. :( I wish I could have stayed, but I couldn't miss work to stay with her. :( So, I'm trying to work while I sit here on pins and needles. I'm probably going to totally screw up my bosses' schedules - should probably stop trying to update their calendars and set meetings until after I hear from the vet.

Please say a prayer for my Sophie - she's my soul and it tears me up that I had to leave her by herself. :crying: Will update as soon as I hear from the vet.

Thank you!

Linda

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Linda - I'm so sorry. :smcry: I'm praying that Sophie will be okay. How alarming. You must be a wreck worrying about her being at the vet. Please let us know the minute you hear anything. We love you and are here for you.:grouphug:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
oh wow how scary ! i would be scared and worried too , im pray9ing that its nothing serious and that they take good care of her. pls keep us posted (HUGS)

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I'll keep her in thought and prayer and you. Let us know how she is after you hear from the vet, please!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Linda -- I'm so sad to hear this. I know you must be going crazy waiting to hear back from the Vet. I know that I couldn't concentrate if one of mine was at the Vets either.

Sending mega prayers for Sophie :prayer::prayer: and lots of hugs for you. :grouphug:.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Oh no! I know just how you feel leaving her there.... sending prayers for you and Sophie. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Oh my goodness! :( I hope that she's okay and that it's something easily fixed! I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and please keep us updated! *hugs*

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about Sophie..I'll be praying for your precious little angel.:prayer::prayer::prayer: Please update us when you hear something.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Oh no Linda! Poor little Sophie! I know what you are going through being at work and the only thing you can think of is your little one! Keeping you and Soph in my thoughts, and please keep us updated.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh Linda, praying for dear Sophie. Don't beat yourself up about not being able to be there, they will take good care of her, and probably run test and you wouldn't be able to see her anyway. This will help the vet get a really good look at Sophie.

Praying like crazy for the both of you.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Linda, hang on!:grouphug: You are doing the best you can. You are a good mom and I know how scared and worried you must be. Poor little Sophie. I am praying too! :prayer: :grouphug:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
OH no! Linda I'm so sorry to hear this. PLEASE update as soon as you can. I'm so worried for Sophie. Sending prayers that she is ok. I know you must be so stressed having to be at work right now.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, gosh, I am so very sorry to hear this. Hang in there ... I know it is so hard. I sure hope she'll be OK soon. {{{HUGS}}}

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Oh my goodness! how awful. I hope she is ok. I have no idea what that could be. You must be so frustrated stuck at work :(

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Poor Sophie, I really hope she is okay and it's not something serious. I'm sure they are taking great care of her at the vet and will of course call you when they find anything out. I know you wish you could be with her right now, but there isn't much you could do as you probably wouldn't be able to stay right with her the whole time anyway. You're both in my thoughts, please update us when you hear anything. XOXO

1 - 20 of 61 Posts