Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm more than a bit worried about Sweetness right now - she has her 4th UTI in less than a year. So far the vet has ruled out diabetes and Cushings. She has no crystals so stones are unlikely. She's been on Royal Canin urinary since the second UTI which was in April. And, the vet doesn't feel anything that might be a stone or a mass like a tumor BUT she wants to be absolutely sure.

Thursday Sweetness is going in for an ultrasound and possibly (if the vet feels it's warranted after the US) a cystoscope exam of her bladder. I'm extremely worried about my sweet baby girl right now! Thanks for your prayers.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Poor Sweetness. I thought of stones in her bladder, too. Sometimes they can be too small to feel. I know you must be worried; I would be, too.:( Has your vet checked her liver and kidney values? If not, and she were my dog, I would want this done. I know you said that Cushing's has been ruled out, which is good. I hope you and your vet can determine what is wrong. Keep us posted. :wub:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I hope they can find out what's going on and get her all better fast. Amber had a bladder infection and she was one sick girl,really hurting. she's better now and we're keeping an eye on things. I hope Sweetness will be better just as quickly.
Hugs!

·
Premium Member
17,461 Posts
Oh precious baby---will be remembering her on Thurs. especially---please up-date ASAP!
Kitzi sends her kisses!

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I hope all is well with your sweet girl. I'll be thinking about her. I know how worried you must be but you're a good mom and I'm sure things will be fine.
Please let us know how everything goes.
Hugs to you both. :wub:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Sweetness - you poor baby. I hope that you feel better soon. Hoping that the ultrasound will help determine why she's having so many UTI's. I know women who have them constantly and are always on antibiotics. Good luck and let us know how it goes.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Oh Maggie, I'm sure that you're very worried. Hopefully Sweetness will be fine and they won't find anything major.

Hugs to you and lots of prayers being sent for Sweetness.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Poor little Sweetness, I'm so sorry she's having this problem. I'll be praying all goes well, the cause for the infections is found & your little girl will soon be all better.:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh precious Sweetness :( I am so soryy she is going through this. I will keep you in my prayers and please let us know what the vet finds.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
darn Maggie I had hoped Sweetness wouldn't have to go through more tests.

Heavenly Father, I praise you the ALMIGHTY GOD. You delight in our coming to you with all our praises and needs, Lord little Sweetness needs your touch, she's just not feeling well, Lord you know what's causing all these flair ups, open the eyes of the vet as they do the ultrasound, help them to find out what's causing all these infections, Thank you Lord for Maggie and her great love for her girls, give her peace of mind, In Jesus name I pray. Amen

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I hope Sweetness feels better soon. Hopefully they can figure out what is causing her UTI"s and that it is an easy fix. Prayers & Hugs your way!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts