Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please I need prayers,my cat Tucker goes next door to visit the neighbors every morning. He doesnt bother the birds or get in the road or anthing bad ,so he gets to go visit them . They look forward to it each day. A couple hours ago while he was there someone stopped to ask directions and had two very large dogs in the car.The windows were all down and they jumped out and attacked my Tucker. Tucker not being afraid of dogs,just stood there and they attacked him.My poor baby is hurt very bad.He is in shock so the vet gave him pain meds. and started a iv with anti's. They say they want to get him out of shock so they can ex-ray him and sew him up. But do not want to mess with him till he's outta shock( I guess that cats can die from that)
So for now they are observing him and keeping him as comfortable as they can. Im to call back around 3:30 to see if he's any better and they will decide then if its ok to do ex-rays etc. If not we wont know anything until tomorrow
He's such a good little guy ,ppl. that dont like cats say..if I could get a cat like Tuckler ,Id get one.So PLEASE my friends send prayers for Tucker.
He lost a tooth fighting back and one of his paw pads is half torn off and he has many torn areas and pucture wounds

Sorry this is so long ,but Im so worried for my little Tucker Man,Thanks everyone
The pic is Tucker and his buddy Bailey

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
OMG, poor baby!!! My thoughts and prayers are with Tucker. Hope all goes well and keep us posted.

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your poor Tucker. That's really heartbreaking. I hope Tucker has a speedy recovery.

-c

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Oh, Sheila, I am so sorry for Tucker. I had that happen to my beloved George many, many years ago. He was my first cat as a "grownup", adopted the day my ex-husband and I got home from our honeymoon. He was only allowed outside with me. Two dogs came into our yard and attacked and killed him. He did the same thing your Tucker did, never even tried to run away because he loved dogs.

The fact that Tucker survived the attack is a good sign I would think. My Georgie died within minutes because they broke his neck. Cats do get stressed and hopefully they can stabilize him quickly. I will pray and pray that his injuries aren't that serious and that he pulls through.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Sheila, I'm so sorry that this happened to Tucker! I hope he has a speedy recovery. We will be thinking about him and sending our prayers.
Please keep us posted on how Tucker is doing

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm so sorry. My Jolie was attacked by a dog 5 years ago and it was terrible. I had trouble sleeping for a week. I pray that Tucker will be OK. I can understand how you feel.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I am so sorry that sounds just awful....people need to learn to restrain their pets that are capable of causing harm to others

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: OMG!!! Poor Tucker!!!
Poor you!
I will be thinking and praying for both of you!!!! I can understand how upset you are!
Big hugs!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All I know at this point is ,they are now getting ready to put him to sleep so they can shave him & clean & tend to the wounds,and take x-rays.
Thank you all so much for the prayers and wishes. I will let you know as soon as I found anything out...Sheila

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Sheila~I'm sending good thoughts your way and praying that Tucker is alright. That is a good sign that they are cleaning him up and taking xrays right? Poor baby-have you been able to be with him at all while he's been in the hospital today? Please let us know how he is--hugs to you and Tucker.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Oh Sheila.. what a horrible thing to happen!
As I looked at sweet Tucker's photo so comfortable and secure..and read on as to what happened.. the tears just welled up in my eyes . Your poor baby.
I am praying like crazy for Tucker and i know from first hand experience.. the power behind them so your baby is in "Good-Hands!".
Things like this just make me so upset.. so unfair!
I will be checking back as often as I can for your update
Keep the faith ,hon.. Tucker has a good chance.. he got to this point.. this is a good sign!
terry and missy

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww poor guy. I hope everything is ok. what is it with emergencies and this forum? hope this is the last one for a long time. i will be thinkin of ur guy as i think of mine.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts