Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Nope, but I'm guessing you do.

If you give more info, you may get some help. Otherwise do a search, there have been many threads on this.

With no information given, I am assuming you've bred your Maltese. So must say, I will keep your girl in my prayers, along with the pups.

And, spay/neuter ALL involved, including the pups.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
YES! 2 clues---1. Name w/# afterward 2. very recent date of joining!
Wait a minute!! I resemble that remark! Why is a name w/# afterward be a troll? I don't think I have achieved troll status yet!!
:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts
oops---sorry Pam---it is the COMBINATION of the two---you've been around FAR too long to be a troll!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was asking because my female is 3 years old and 4 1/2 weeks pregnant. I have done all the research I needed to do for 3 years now. I was just wanting to talk to others about the pregnancy. And by the way, I am not a troll...I'm just a maltese mommy like everyone else on this site. Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why do people on here have to be so rude??? I don't know why someone can't just post forums on here like everyone else. Why judge someone when you don't know them? Wow..people these days. That's all I got to say about that.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I was asking because my female is 3 years old and 4 1/2 weeks pregnant. I have done all the research I needed to do for 3 years now. I was just wanting to talk to others about the pregnancy. And by the way, I am not a troll...I'm just a maltese mommy like everyone else on this site. Thank you
]

I've answered your question on the other thread you started here

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/52-maltese-health-behavior/108870-pregnant-maltese.html

Please stick around, as there is a wealth of information to be had here.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Why do people on here have to be so rude??? I don't know why someone can't just post forums on here like everyone else. Why judge someone when you don't know them? Wow..people these days. That's all I got to say about that.
Please, it's not a matter of anyone being rude. You started a new thread
under Maltese health, and that is much more appropriate place. If you are open to learning, this is the place.

This is a VERY important topic that you bring up, and I hope you stick around, are willing to learn, and embrace any and all advice.

Everyone, here is the new thread she started:

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/52-maltese-health-behavior/108870-pregnant-maltese.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that's why I joined because I want to talk to other maltese owners. I want that experience because it's hard to find any around where I live. I truly adore maltese..I just don't understand why people have to automatically start judging the person you are. It's not worth it to talk to such rude people.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
If you stick around for a while you will see why people on the forum are so touchy about hobby breeding. We've seen the tragedy that results from not having a long established healthy line of Maltese for breeding.
So many health issues can be hidden until the Malt is a little older,sometimes even as puppies ,they can have health issues from indescriminate breeding that can prevent them from even making it their first year of life.
Most of us have Malts as a result of BYB back yard breeders through rescue or someone gives them up due to health or behavioural issues that were caused by not having a thoroughly researched bloodline.
Many on this forum have purchased dogs from BYB'ers before we knew better and had sad endings. Some have had happy ones. I was extremely lucky mine we healthy,though not show quality,pet quality only, and later on the breeder divorced and she dumped her breeding stock on relatives ,who neglected them until they decided to put them to sleep. Luckily they went through the old paperwork,found my name and asked if I would take them in. I picked them up the day befor ethey were going to be euthanized...
I took them to the vet,they had rotten teeth and were slowly being poisoned by them, no vaccinations since they were used for breeding...

The tiny male was used for stud service and he developed LP luxing patella at the age of 5,so now all the pups he sired will most likely have it too.
That's why people on list were defensive. We've seen and some of us have lived with the results of amateur breeding.
I'd love to do breeding and have puppies,I just love them and want to share that joy w/ others but I wouldn't do it because I don't have a pair of pups from an established bloodline,I don't show so how would I know if they're going to produce pups that are true to standard..

Deb has a houseful of neglected dogs that all came from breeders or people who bought from breeders and they had health issues since they hadn't thoroughly researched the bloodline.
We're not against breeding,there are breeders on this forum,but we just want people to be responsible since the pups they sell will be beloved members of a family and you wouldn't want to know 1-5 years in the furture that something bad happened to them due to a genetic anomoly in your female and the friend's sire, that wasn't caught and has been passed on to who knows how many pups and future offspring.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Let's look at the facts about this forum. Every forum has its own "flavor." I read a lot of forums and post to only one or two, and not so much anymore.

Maybe I am in the minority, but before I join or post to a forum, I take a bit of time to read some threads to see if that forum has a particular "slant," and if it is the right one for me. It is very evident that the majority of active members on Spoiled Maltese adore Maltese, but are not in favor of non-show breeders, or backyard breeders, at least in the US.

So welcome to the forum, stick around to learn and socialize, but you probably won't see a lot of favorable comments regarding breeding programs other than the show breeders. That's the "flavor" of Spoiled Maltese.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
There are 1100 hundred Maltese that need homes on Petfinder, I find it hard to believe you cannot find a dog and you had to breed yours.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts