Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so excited I just had to share!

I just got the playpen I ordered for Charlie in the mail. It's the one from the ferret store. I set it up, and it's actually a little bigger than I thought it would be.

I planned to put it in my bedroom, but with everything else that is in the room it doesn't fit! So I am going to spend the better part of tonight re-arranging my bedroom- all for the puppy! Oh the things we will do for these little ones...

For those of you with this playpen and the floor mat that goes with it, which side is up and which side is down? One side is clearly more canvas-like and *looks* like it could be the correct side, while the other side seems to be more waterproof (making more sense for it to be). Help!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm so happy for you! This is the hard part - the waiting. But it's also a lot of fun. I have to say that we originally bought a playpen for Beastie, but we soon realized it wouldn't work for us. We ended up giving up a third of our bedroom to a crate with a fence attached to both sides and circling in the front. It's large enough to contain him and all his accoutrements. You're right....the things we do for them!

My guess would be to use the side that seems more water resistant. As you said, it just makes more sense.

Keep us posted with your purchases!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Oh, how exciting for you. I remember the initial stuff buying stage while waiting for Sylphide...we bought lots that we didn't use, and lots that we still use.

Have fun. You'll really enjoy your baby.

·
Registered
751 Posts
How exciting. I never thought I would be on this side of a post. It seemed like we waited forever for Tucker. I read posts for months getting all the ideas I could.

I got a small crate and still had to divide it. Also got an x-pen and made it one panel by one panel by one panel. It helps but little one still manages to go potty mostly on the pee pad but sometime misses. Tucker has not figured out to let us know when he wants to go out to potty.

We take him out every two hours. We have poo and pee at the spot where we want him to go but he sometimes comes back inside and does his business in his x-pen. I made the pen as small as I could.

I have heard others say their pups have chewed through baby play pens.

Trust me your heart will melt everytime you look at Charlie!!!!

Connie and Tucker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts