Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think is winning the debates? I think Kerry won the first, and President Bush had the edge on the second. I'm curious to find out what others think...I'm not looking to get into Kerry or Bush bashing...just who do you think is the better debater (or is it debator)?

BTW, I am supporting Kerry, but I am a republican and I voted for Bush over Gore.

·
Registered
942 Posts

Bush can't speak English and he repeats the same things over and over again.

I support Kerry and can't even FATHOM how much gas will cost if Bush stays in office, or how much our debt will increase.

But, I think I stated my opinion in my other post. I know someone who, when Regan was running, was such a hard-core Republican, spent $25,000 a plate to go to the campaign dinner. That person and her brother, who also spent the same amount of money to go, are both voting for Kerry because they are, like me, disgusted with Bush.

~Elegant

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Oct 9 2004, 03:06 PM
Who do you think is winning the debates?  I think Kerry won the first, and President Bush had the edge on the second.  I'm curious to find out what others think...I'm not looking to get into Kerry or Bush bashing...just who do you think is the better debater (or is it debator)?

BTW, I am supporting Kerry, but I am a republican and I voted for Bush over Gore.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11603
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly like me. I do think Kerry won the first but the President was more agressive the sencond time around. I will vote for Kerry and I'm also a republican that voted for Bush over Gore.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i still am undecided...i agree with parts of both and i feel they both repeat a lot of the same things over and over. i didnt vote for gore or bush last election...i voted for the tree hugger nader just so he could try to get his 3% to start a green committee, but that didnt happen. i hope the last debate will help me decide.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I definitely think Bush won the second debate. And I am still sticking with him as are many other Americans that can't believe Kerry's "Flip Flop Platform".
He is such a liar.
And, wait to see the taxes increase and all of the government programs he will initiate.
I recieved an email stating that Kerry has ALL of these homes in different countries and we as taxpayers will have to provide secret service to each and every place at our expense. That is ridiclous too.
Bush was at the helm before and after the attacks on the World Trade Center and he promised that he would hunt down the Terrorists that orchestrated this terrible attrocity against America. Our friends and family will proudly back him all the way.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Can someone please explain the so-called "flip-flop" to me? I would truly appreciate it.

Oh, and Bush in no way lied about WMD...and he has no vested interest in the oil? Geez, I just love paying $2.50 here in CA for a gallon of gas while "W" is living high on the hog taking one month of vacation for every month he pretends to work.

I can't wait to pay $5.00 a gallon for gas if Bush becomes president...

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question---don't bash me if it is....
I am NOT real "learned" on how it all works, but...Bush and Cheney BOTH have interest in oil...
I knew Bush did, but a friend told me yesterday that Cheney did too....could this be part of our gas hikes? Are they getting richer as we pay for the gas we HAVE to buy to get to work etc?

But, I did also hear on the news, that part of the recent hike in gas prices was due to the hurricanes-we couldn't get it shipped here or something like that b/c of all the bad weather.

I agree that the price is outrageous! I won't tell how much ours is, because it is less than ya'll because we are small and rural....
BUT-it is close to ya'll-and our cost of living all around is probably less....especially after hearing some of your vet costs! :eek:
Luckily, I can fill my "mommy-mobile" up and go for at least two weeks on it, depending on how many grocery trips etc. Emily's pre-school, Mitchell's school, and my school-are all less than a mile from my house. I go up to the church several times a week-that is about 5 miles away-the groceries in town are about 5 miles away-if I go to Walmart, it is about 12 miles away....I can really make a tank of gas last!
But, hubby on the other hand drives over 100 miles round trip a day-and often goes out of town 3 or more hours away 2-4 times a month. His gas KILLS us! He also drives an older SUV-which guzzles the gas, but it is paid off...and still runs...so we are sticking with it for now. In January, he is going to start driving the "mommy-mobile" to work, and I am going to drive the Explorer. It has 160,000+ miles on it, and we don't know how many more 100+ miles a day it can do.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 10 2004, 12:11 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question---don't bash me if it is....
I am NOT real "learned" on how it all works, but...Bush and Cheney BOTH have interest in oil...
I knew Bush did, but a friend told me yesterday that Cheney did too....could this be part of our gas hikes? Are they getting richer as we pay for the gas we HAVE to buy to get to work etc? <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11645
[/QUOTE]

Yes.

~Elegant

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gas here in NJ is running around $1.87 a gallon. I drive a mommy-mobile SUV that has a 40 gallon tank....ouch! I love it for getting around in the snow and rain, but the gas really is hard to take. To put it into perspective, my very first car was a 1968 Karmann Ghia (I hope I spelled it right) that my father had painted red (at Earl Schibe) and my mom had sewn a lining for the convertible...anyway, I could fill the tank on $3 worth of gas. How times change and how I wish I still had that car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
OPEC controls the prices of oil.
Not Bush or Cheney. In fact, if a person stops to think about it...if Bush and Cheney had any control over the oil prices, they would lower them to insure the election.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Snertsmom@Oct 27 2004, 11:16 PM
Not Bush or Cheney. In fact, if a person stops to think about it...if Bush and Cheney had any control over the oil prices, they would lower them to insure the election.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13577
[/QUOTE]
good point!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by Snertsmom@Oct 27 2004, 08:16 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13577
[/QUOTE]
Bush is involved, corporately, with oil.
Bush knows he is going to lose, and he's getting fatter and fatter off of our money.
In CA, we are insanely pissed that we now have to spend $2.65 a gallon on gas. We have refineries here, 15 miles away from where I live, and I still have to pay higher than what most of you pay...WHY????? I would like someone to explain that to me.

~Elegant

1 - 20 of 44 Posts