Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I contacted a trainer for in home trining to for Presley. She is something else. She is an absolute doll and 98% ppee ppee potty trainer. But she likes to got oo poo on the rug in the den. She will not walk on a leash. She will not come. I called a trainer to start getting lessons set up for her, in home.She is so smart but I need help to get my trained girl trained! I am looking forward to her being so well trained.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
She sounds pretty perfect---she is STILL a puppy you know!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sherry, Jeep was stubborn when I first got him. He wasn’t interested in treats. So I bought him a little Lime Green stuffed monkey. Rubbed it all over him so it would have his scent. Every one of the toys in the toy box had other dogs scents on them. So the monkey was exclusively his. It turns out the monkey was the turning point. He is monkey motivated. He now will Sit, Wait, Come, Crate, Leave it, Off and Give. Do you think Presley could be the alpha puppy? She’s not old enough yet to be in what I call the “juvenile delinquent phase.”
8-36 months. :smpullhair:
Once you figure out what motivates her to learn, she’ll be fine. But watch out for the juvenile delinquent phase. She will want to revert back to her old ways. So be sure to continue with what your trainer teaches you.

·
Super Moderator
9,594 Posts
I am sure she will be fine with the trainer, she sounds like a spirited sweetie.

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
I always say trainers train us:HistericalSmiley:, she is still young but I am betting she picks up on things quickly,
We have wood floors here, Geneva won't walk on them, she stays on the area rug:smilie_tischkante:
She's food motivated so I have been bribing her to come off the rug, she actually took about 6 steps yesterday :aktion033:
Maddie thinks she's such a hot shot because she has the whole lower area to herself :HistericalSmiley:
We have carpeting up stairs so Geneva feels so brave. B)
We need to see more pictures of Presley

I pray for Reilly, it's wonderful he's doing well

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had dental surgery yesterday and was rather drugged when I made that post! I see I couldn't spell!:HistericalSmiley: But feeling better this morning. Yes, Presley is a really sweet girl. I'm just getting her started early rather than later on training. The trainer said we can start as soon as I get her rabies which I plan on next week. She'll be 6 months on the 14th.
And yes, Riley is now bonded not only with Peanut the little maltese, but also Dougey who looks like a yellow lab. I have food coming today and got him a new Chris Christensen wood brush as she said he hates the brush she uses. IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Sherry, Riley will always be in our hearts---so happy he is adjusting well to his new family. I know all of this must weigh on you! You are a good mama to him & your love is what is helping him. As the French say "bon courage!"

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I am so happy to hear that Riley is doing so well and oh my goodness Presley is just an absolute doll!!!!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Sherry, Glad you are feeling better today - Dental surgery is no fun.
I love the new pictures of Presley - she is adorable! :wub:

I'm glad you found a good trainer - A well trained dog is a joy to have around. I agree its better to start earlier than later. I'm sure she will be walking on a leash and 100% "housebroken" in no time and learning so many other things - She is a smart little girl! :wub::happy::tender:

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
Sherry look at your precious little Presley :wub:
She is just to cute, I bet you have a lot of fun with her, if I were younger I would want a little girl just like your Presley :wub:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Presley is a cutie pie. Going to the dentist is no fun. But watching videos of people who have laughing gas at the dentist can be hilarious. Hopefully you didn’t have laughing gas and someone decided to tape you and post it. :w00t:

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Presley is a cutie pie. Going to the dentist is no fun. But watching videos of people who have laughing gas at the dentist can be hilarious. Hopefully you didn’t have laughing gas and someone decided to tape you and post it. :w00t:
Marina, no laughing gas! They had to cut my gum above my front tooth so it wasn't possible. They prescribed anxiety meds that sent me for a loop since I am very needle phobic. It took me all day yesterday to get over them! If I had it to do over again I think I would just try to get through it without anything.:smilie_tischkante:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts