Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Abby vomited yesterday morning when we got up. I thought it might have just been a little tummy upset. I watched her and checked on her and she seemed okay - still jumping around and playing, eating and drinking.

This morning when we got up, she again vomited. I was starting to worry a bit more...... then she I heard her and ran out and she vomited again. She vomited up a prickle!!

She has an appointment with the vet tomorrow to get her teeth checked but I'm so worried. Will prickles make her sick?

I think the previous tenants or the owners have previously tried to kill the prickles by spraying them - but now I'm really scared that she has eaten them and they've had some poison on them - I don't know what it was that they put on them!

Should I call the vet anyway???

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoops... more Aussie slang I guess then!! A bindii??? Umm.... ????? A horrible little prickly thing that grows in the grass and sticks in your foot.....???? Does that help??

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
ohhhhh yeah!! I feel stupid!
Only thing I think you should do is watch her for signs of illness... If your going to the vet already... just mention it to them... but dont get too worried unless shes showing signs of illness. Hope your baby feels better! Watch what she eats..haha

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I think you are talking about what we call a thistle. Ouch that had to hurt going down and then back up. I have no idea if it would hurt her. I would call the vet and ask.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mum seems to think it might be heat stroke moreso than the prickle.

I'm not sure. She drinks a lot of water during the day... should I put her in her play pen (without the toys) beside my bed at night so she can get a little drink during the night maybe? Just until it cools down a bit?

She has been vomiting early in the morning - but is fine the rest of the day it seems.....
My poor baby... I feel like a bad mum... -_-

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why does the little ratbag have to scoot across the floor and eat stuff like that??

I sweep the kitchen/dining area where she stays during the day morning and night, and mop every second day and she STILL find stuff!!!

She's got to be eating them when she goes potty outside - but I watch her so she is doing it very discretely!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
im sure the sharp points irritated her stomach and that is why she threw up...i hope she got them all up. of course im still not sure what a prickle is...okay i looked up bindii...is this one?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
might get stuck in her fur then she bites at them to get them out and she swallows it?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Nov 17 2004, 05:50 PM
might get stuck in her fur then she bites at them to get them out and she swallows it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16883
[/QUOTE]

I'm almost 100% positive that couldn't be it, because I "de-prickle" her after every visit outside
... maybe I missed one....

Oh well, as long as she is okay... I'll keep an eye on her and ask the vet in the morning....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sorry I can't help ya with this. Sometimes Noriko would have phases where she'd throw up in the mornings. Someone told me that her dog throws up almost everyday and she's not worried. Oh, and my doctor told me that sometimes when they eat too fast, that will cause them to throw up. I hope all is well.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. I have had to come to work, so I'm worrying about her. I finish in 1 hour so I'm going to check her then - I hope she's okay....
She seemed fine when I left.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts