Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have read my posts on nutrition, etc., and know that I am following The Primal Blueprint way of eating and exercising.

If you are seriously looking for a new way of eating and exercise that will help you lose or maintain weight, feel great, have energy, help with blood sugar issues, etc. - and you are truly open to eliminating grains/sugars from your diet:

I have an extra copy of The Primal Blueprint. I want to give it away to someone on SM who is seriously interested in changing their way of eating. Read the amazon reviews.

PM me with your address if you are really interested in doing this plan and I will send it to you free of charge.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Darn, I'm too late. :) Suzan, you have already been a wealth of information to me by giving tips and suggestions on this lifestyle change, so thank you!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Suzan, just wanted to say: keep the article links coming. They are really good ^_^

Food and I aren't good friends. I am just not a big eater although my body does and gives a lot, sleeps less, gets involved in tones of activities without getting enough in return. However, things DID change with this issue for me recently after I was completely out of energy and health started declining!

I recently started changing my diet to the right track (especially when it comes to iron... my body is an expert at lacking the right level of iron)

I am hoping so hard that I will continue doing what i started recently in the coming years. Little by little, I am learning, but so far so good :thumbsup:

Kat

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll keep posting articles in the hope they might help people.

I've had metabolic issues for the last 15 years or so. I'm not diabetic, but I'm insulin resistant and I have adrenal burnout, so it is very hard for me to lose the weight I've gained over the years, struggling through low-calorie/low-fat diets. I was skinny until about age 30, and I've put on weight ever since. All the well-intentioned advice to cut calories, cut fat, etc. has backfired on me. And it's not just with me, but a lot of people I know who did the yo-yo dieting and starvation diets ended up in the same place as me.

I've really noticed a huge change in my energy both physical and mental, since adding in good fats, and eliminating grains and sugar. It's a very hard step to take, but after a couple of months, it's amazing how much better my body and brain functions without them.

I'm not perfect, I stick to this way of eating about 90%. I eat very dark chocolate a couple of times a week, french fries once in a while, and an occasional cup of rice in soup.

The weight is coming off very slowly, and I have quite a long way to go, but I feel much better, and want to help others.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I'll keep posting articles in the hope they might help people.

it is very hard for me to lose the weight I've gained over the years, struggling through low-calorie/low-fat diets. I was skinny until about age 30,
In my case, I have always been underweight.

I wonder if things will change for me when I reach 30.

wohoo for the continuous article links to come in SM :chili:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts