Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could recommend a free or cheap photo software for printing pics at home. My mom would like to be able to print some digital pics on her color printer. She needs some software thought that will allow her to say if she wants 4X6, 5X7, 8X10. She works for college so she might be able to have them install photoshop on her computer but I think that will be way over her head. She is only comfortable doing the basics on the computer.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would actually recommend her to upload the digital pictures to WALMART.COM
Yes, walmart.com....

You can upload all your pictures and pickup within the hour (or 2 hours). The rate is UNBELIEVABLY CHEAP. Almost as cheap as the film pictures~

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Jul 5 2005, 03:53 PM
I would actually recommend her to upload the digital pictures to WALMART.COM
Yes, walmart.com....

You can upload all your pictures and pickup within the hour (or 2 hours).  The rate is UNBELIEVABLY CHEAP.  Almost as cheap as the film pictures~
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78354
[/QUOTE]
We have actually done that a few times. It is so easy. I do it while I'm at work and then the pics are ready when I get off work.

My mom has some photo paper that she would like to use. So she also wanted to find something she could do at home just in case she had to print something at the last minute.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I am using Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album or Printmaster to print my pictures. Don't spend money on a photo cartridge, the normal cartridges do as good a job.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium software that came with my Microsoft Works package. I also have software that came with my digital camera. Does your mom have a digital camera? Have her check to see if she did get software with the camera or can download some from the camera makers web site.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jul 5 2005, 05:19 PM
I have Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium software that came with my Microsoft Works package.  I also have software that came with my digital camera.  Does your mom have a digital camera?  Have her check to see if she did get software with the camera or can download some from the camera makers web site.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78373
[/QUOTE]
She has the same camera I have. The software that came with it sucks. I can't figure out how to use it. So there is no way she could.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Ya the software that comes with the camera is not the greatest. I don't use it either. I used to have Microsoft Picture It on my old computer but did not load it to this new computer since it's a 2001 Edition. There are a lot of programs out there and each one has something you like. And you cannot find a program that has ALL the things you like.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Photoshop Elements is the new, cheaper, easier to use version of Photoshop. If either of you are eligible for academic pricing, you can get it for 79 or so.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
My scanner came with photo printing software... i forget the name of it.. i'll have to check when i get home. It's great... i can print all different size pictures on one page if i want...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts