Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but I really didn't know how to title this thread. Last night I noticed that Hunter's "private area" is really chapped. I'm not talking about the actual lipstick but the lipstick tube part (gosh - how embarrasing):blush:. What might I do to help heal this sensitive skin?

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Sorry but I really didn't know how to title this thread. Last night I noticed that Hunter's "private area" is really chapped. I'm not talking about the actual lipstick but the lipstick tube part (gosh - how embarrasing):blush:. What might I do to help heal this sensitive skin?
We won't tell Hunter you discussed this here. :blush: I was thinking about the Bag Balm that is sold all over now. It used to be sold to soften teats on udders of cows (hey how do you like this city girl coming up with that one?) and to prevent chapping. Now it's in a lot of drug stores for people to use. Comes in tiny square green cans about the size of a half dollar. I'm sure you can find it where you are. Poor Hunter!:blush:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Erin, I agree with Sue. Try Bag Balm or any other heavy duty moisturizer made to heal winter chapping. I would suggest, however, that it not have any kind of mint or menthol added.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
We won't tell Hunter you discussed this here. :blush: I was thinking about the Bag Balm that is sold all over now. It used to be sold to soften teats on udders of cows (hey how do you like this city girl coming up with that one?) and to prevent chapping. Now it's in a lot of drug stores for people to use. Comes in tiny square green cans about the size of a half dollar. I'm sure you can find it where you are. Poor Hunter!:blush:
The first thing that popped into my head was Bag Balm. I hope that helps poor Hunter.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ladies. I was thinking Bag Balm but just wasn't sure if it was safe. I guess I'm just worried about him licking at it. Good call on the no menthol Mary!

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
I think it's called Alpha Keri,it's a moisturizer, our vet recommended it,we used to use on our Boston Terriers,they'd get such dry skin in the winter. It has aloe vera in it.Ask your vet and see what he'd recommend that would moisturize and be safe,and not be sticky on the hairs....
Poor little guy...

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Shea Butter would well too. (And please let Hunter know that I'm keeping this confidential and won't let the girls read this thread. LOL)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Erin, I don't mean to laugh but your post was funny on the way you worded it. Poor Hunter, do you think he's licking it too much? :blush:Don't mean to be gross, sorry. My first thought was Bag Balm too. Or just plain vaseline.

Hope little Hunter's wee wee feels better soon!

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,981 Posts
EMU OIL--pure. It works on many things---was first used in hospital burn units. It is entirely safe if he licks it and penetrates like NO other oil. It is very expensive but I use it on myself & anyone that comes into my immediate vicinity. I order mine on line from a farm in Montana---google it. You only need a drop so it goes a L O N G way!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
How about Chapstick for his lipstick tube? :HistericalSmiley:Anything like greasy Vaseline might get on your furniture. :(

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
How about Chapstick for his lipstick tube? Anything like greasy Vaseline might get on your furniture. :(
Oh Marsha, poor Hunter. I have no advise, but since I have a little boy too, at least I know now what to call it :blush: since I would never have thought of that one. :HistericalSmiley:Feel better Hunter and keep Mommy's furniture clean if you can little boy.
:back2topic:

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I was going to suggest Bag Balm, too. This stuff is great. I even use it on my feet before putting socks on at night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts