Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mine, but the directions don't say how much to use.

I'm just going to be using it to clean Poppy's face, on days I don't feel like going through the whole Spa Lavish ordeal. Should I just start with a pinch here and a pinch there?

Thanks bunches! Jules

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I mix it maybe 1/3 Proline to 2/3 distilled water in a spray bottle (sorry I don't actually measure). Spray on a cotton ball or cotton bad to clean with. If I'm cleaning pee or something I'll spray it right on the coat.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mix it maybe 1/3 Proline to 2/3 distilled water in a spray bottle (sorry I don't actually measure). Spray on a cotton ball or cotton bad to clean with. If I'm cleaning pee or something I'll spray it right on the coat.
Cool, thanks JMM. Now I'm glad I bought an extra spray bottle the other day!! :thumbsup:

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gosh, I've been using it for years and didn't know you were supposed to dilute it! :blush:
The bottle says to use it straight up ... but that's why I asked here. If I can dilute it and it works just as good ... yeah for me. LOL

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
It can be harsh on the coat and cause breakage (alcohol based product), that is why diluting it is a good idea. People will also tell you that you should use a towel or a cloth to soak it up after you apply it to the coat, so you are not leaving too much in.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Is this basically the same as the CC Show Off spray? I'm not sure but I think it may be? The Show Off (what I use) does seem to be pretty harsh.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I have both the Pro line and the Show off products. One of them stinks....I'm not close by, but I think it's the Show off. I basically use the them for quick potty clean-ups when necessary.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I have nothing to judge it against, but I recently bought the Pure Paws one. You do have to dilute that. I have only used it on her rear end and head a bit so far. It did a very good job.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I have both the Pro line and the Show off products. One of them stinks....I'm not close by, but I think it's the Show off. I basically use the them for quick potty clean-ups when necessary.
I do think the Show Off stinks..it smells sort of chemically, to me- so I don't used it very often at all.

Once Bisou peed on the white bathroom rug and I sprayed some of it on it (as it was right there)..and it turned it immediately white!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I've been thinking about purchasing the Proline Self Rinse and am wondering if it can cause dry skin. I feel that the Spa Lavish dries Aolani's muzzle a bit and am looking for alternatives. Lately I've been applying some coconut oil on his muzzle but as you can imagine it leaves him very oily.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Have you tried just using a wet washcloth? I only really wash faces once a week. In between I remove eye goobers with a moistened cotton ball. If its really nasty I'll use a bit of waterless shampoo and then a wet washcloth, then blot dry.
I've cleaned bellies with it daily for years...never notices dry skin.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Thanks Jackie. I'll try just that. I've cut down on washing his face to maybe 3 times a week including bath time because his skin around there has gotten so dry. His face can get pretty nasty on our walks and sometimes when he eats food but I'm sure a wet wash cloth can help with that. Glad to know the waterless shampoo never cause dry skin in your pups. I may just give it a try on Aolani to see how we like it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts