Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I discussed in another thread, new "info" (in quotes because Im not sure if it is true) has been brought to my attention about the after effects of spaying a female dog. Someone told me it makes the pup have underdevloped hormones and bones, makes her fat and short, and lazy, and crazy because it messes with her hormones.

What have YOU personally found to be true after you spay a female dog?

I have only had a male dog, after we neutered him he was fine.

J

·
0 Posts
Lacey is being spayed on September 9, she will be just over 6 months old. IMO I think most dogs should be "fixed." There are just so many irresponsible breeders and dog owners that have no business breeding. And just look at all the unwanted dogs and cats in shelters. IMO if you can't guarantee that the puppy that you have breed is going to a good home and will be taken care of you shouldn't take the chance that unwanted puppies will be born. Just my opinion. Hope no one takes what I have said personally. I just can't stand the thought of all kinds of animals out in the world that have no one to love and care for them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TOTALLY agree Jami!

So many people see me with Brit'ny and say "You should breed her, you would get so much money for her puppies"

I say absolutley not! First of all, I don't need the money, secondly I would never risk loosing Brit trying to make some quick cash!

I don't want anything to happen to my baby...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts