Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had professional photos taken of your dog -- or you and your dog?
How did it work? Did you like the results?
I would love to have this done but it is VERY expensive here. My mom keeps telling me to check with wal-mart or target to see if i can bring her into their photo studio where prices are much lower. But I am waiting until thanksgiving break to do that.
I found a place close to my parents that has the cutest photos but just the sitting fee (no photos included) is at least $150. EEK -- I'll just have to look at the poses on the internet and try to do them with my dig camera!

Check out their site.

I love the bluebonnet one and can't wait until the spring to take bella to get one of those!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wal Mart, Target and those stores don't allow you to bring in dogs to be photographed, but the Picture People (something like that--can't quite remember) that specialize in kids photos do them. You have to call ahead and make an appointment, they only do them at certain hours, and the dog has to be in a carrier, of course. I had Oliver photographed several times, the last time six months before his death, and the photos are priceless to us. I made an impression of his pawprint and mounted it next to his photo (they sell a kit called Babyprints with the molding material, matting and frame), and it came out wonderful. I also added a lock of his fur tied in a ribbon to it. It is one of our favorite mementos of him.
Quincymom

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hey Nicole916--If you check my profile, those pictures were professional. My friend is a pro photographer. He was wonderful and patient. Even though I got a lil deal (teehee) he's cheaper, but we live in TN. Sorry.

I have a suggestion though. Go to a park with nice scenary or a botanical garden and take pictures of your baby there. Good luck!
and I hope you don't have to spend too much money!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 6 2004, 09:34 PM
Hey Nicole916--If you check my profile, those pictures were professional.  My friend is a pro photographer.  He was wonderful and patient.  Even though I got a lil deal (teehee) he's cheaper, but we live in TN.  Sorry.

I have a suggestion though.  Go to a park with nice scenary or a botanical garden and take pictures of your baby there.  Good luck!
and I hope you don't have to spend too much money!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15215
[/QUOTE]

ButterCloud,
Those are great pics and exactly what I'm looking for!!! I have a friend that is great w/ taking pics and he might be able to do it. He's not a professional but he did my family's picture and it looks great. The down side is he is in Korea for a while for work. I'll tell him as soon as he gets back he has to take our pictures!

Quincy's mom -- I looked up Picture people and they have one in my area! They also have really good prices. I am going to book an apt soon to get some pics while she is still a puppy and then maybe some in about a year.

Thanks again! I love hearing about everyone's experiences!

Also, we got an notice that petsmart is doing pictures with santa so we will for sure go get those! Yipee...i can't wait till christmas!

Nicolle

V

·
0 Posts
I think it is great that you will have professional shots done. But..for other people...the secret of good pics is just to take a lot...and you will come up with some knowckouts. I do have a mild photography background..we have always had a darkroom in the house and my kids got in to it as wel. the best pics of the boys have been the ones I have taken myself. My daughter who has a 4 year old understood this ver well and when I look at pics of my grandson the ones that are really the best are the ones she has taken though she has also used a professional photographer.
There are no better subjects than animals and dogs.
It is just such fun to take pics of the dogs for me..I do it all the time...
Don't you guys point the camera at you maltese often and sometimes very well?

V

·
0 Posts
woops meant to say animals and KIDS. Even if there is spell checkI get to excited to press it. Sorry for typos..hope u understood my feelings anyway.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I love taking candids. I love to catch people at their most natural moment. I'm not a professional but I love it and I wish I new more. I want to take classes but it's expensive

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vita,
I love candids as well! The main reason I want professional pictures is becuase I live alone and I want a picture or two of me with Bella. I did try to take some with the timer on my camera...lets just say those are funny to look at. Imagine telling the pup to pose then count to ten! most of them she wasn't even in the picture and several is just me running after her!

Nicolle

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We have gotten pictures taken at The Picture People before with our skin kids!!! They are wonderful! The pictures are all taken on the ground...floor level...not up on a pedastal/table thing like Walmart and others. Every time we have been the workers were patient and accommodating!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Also with the Picture People they do a pose where the dog is looking up towards the camera--like how you see him most of the time. Turned out great.
Quincymom

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Nicolle916--Try to take a picture of Bella on a small, high table so she wouldn't move. My babies were on a small table in those shots in my profile.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nicolle916+Nov 8 2004, 01:09 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyMontava
@Nov 7 2004, 11:24 PM
i wish i lived closer to you....i take them...i charge 20 an hour you can check my pics out here:
http://www.pbase.com/ladymontava/pet_portraits
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15319

Those are GREAT! I wish you were closer! I love the one with the fire fighter hat! too cute

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15338
[/B][/QUOTE]

They are great! What a fun job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
This time of year a lot of shelters and rescue groups do pet pictures as a fund raisers. Our local SPCA does pictures taken with Santa every year. Area vets dress up as Santa and pose with an endless stream of dogs and cats! Even some of the pet stores like Pet Supermarket and Petsmart do pictures this time of year. I'd check around in your area and see if anything like that is available.

I had Lady's picture professionally taken a few years ago and a co-worker suggested I send it into a 365 Days of Dogs calendar contest. She was one of the winners, believe it or not, Miss July 6, 2004! Here's her picture:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
theres a place in the mall (eventhough they dont allow dogs in the mall, you can still walk your dog to the picture place...its stupid). anyway, its called Picture People and they have props and stuff and you can pay $40 and you get unlimited 30 minute sit-ins for the whole year. and then you probably have to pay A LOT of money for the actual pictures. lol.

http://www.picturepeople.com/clubs/portrait_club.asp?sm=8_1

its awesome. check it out!
we're probably going to do this some time soon. i was hoping by my birthday, but the dogs were acting bad and i had chem and calc tests.
anyway, i'll tell all of you how it goes when i do it (some day).

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 8 2004, 08:18 AM
This time of year a lot of shelters and rescue groups do pet pictures as a fund raisers. Our local SPCA does pictures taken with Santa every year. Area vets dress up as Santa and pose with an endless stream of dogs and cats! Even some of the pet stores like Pet Supermarket and Petsmart do pictures this time of year. I'd check around in your area and see if anything like that is available.

I had Lady's picture professionally taken a few years ago and a co-worker suggested I send it into a 365 Days of Dogs calendar contest. She was one of the winners, believe it or not, Miss July 6, 2004! Here's her picture:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15351
[/QUOTE]

That picture is too cute!! How fun to get into the calendar, that is so awesome! :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Nov 8 2004, 06:51 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2004, 01:09 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyMontava
@Nov 7 2004, 11:24 PM
i wish i lived closer to you....i take them...i charge 20 an hour you can check my pics out here:
http://www.pbase.com/ladymontava/pet_portraits
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15319

Those are GREAT! I wish you were closer! I love the one with the fire fighter hat! too cute

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15338

[/QUOTE]

They are great! What a fun job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15347
[/B][/QUOTE]
its not my job, but it is a fun hobby:) thanks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts