Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,310 Posts
I know most breeders give the puppies at least one bath before they go home, so younger then 12 weeks. I've never had a dog with kennel cough so I'm not sure. I would have her check with her vet. There are some waterless-shampoo products out that she could try.

Pet Silk No Rinse Shampoo is the perfect puppy product ... This gentle shampoo does not need to be rinsed out and is effective for cleaning puppy faces and other puppy parts.[/B]
No Rinse Shampoo (11.6oz.) $8.95

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Originally posted by Violet's Mom+Aug 22 2005, 12:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LucyLou
@Aug 22 2005, 12:55 PM
I usually start baths and grooming around six weeks.  They get their feet trimmed for the first time around three or four weeks.  I use the brush on them around this time too, just to get them accustomed to it.  But, the first "real" grooming, complete with blow drying is usually around six weeks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93038

im still scared to cut the toenails

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93053
[/B][/QUOTE]
Look at her toenails. Are they all white or is there some black nails? The white are the easiest to trim since you can see the pink vein in them. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself when she has all her shots you can take her to PetsMart or Pet Co. I think they charge like $5 to trim them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.