Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really REALLY hate sub zero temps, arctic winds, ice and snow that needs to be shoveled.

But I do love that fresh blanket of snow that sparkles and makes everything look magical. And that due to the weather I decided to close the store yesterday so I had a TRUE day off!!:chili: I actually ENJOYED looking at the arctic winds blowing the hazardous drifting snow outside since I was inside and not having to go out in it. I made a casserole. Do you know how long it's been since I've even turned my oven on? I actually have food in the house since I went to the grocery store in preparation for all the snow warnings. I drank several cups of tea. Took a nap. Snuggled with the babies. Had fun getting all 3 involved in playing. Watched a Roman Holiday. :wub: Was on SM & FB. All in all a perfect day. You know, I think I could really enjoy becoming a recluse in the winter months. :p

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I used to LOVE snow...mostly because it's beautiful and I just loved snow days when I could stay home from school! hehe. Now that I'm "all grown up" and actually have to drive in the snow to get to work, I HATE it! I'm especially dreading it this year because I got in an accident in the snow/ice last year so I'm really nervous about driving in it.

The day you described sounds PERFECT and I would love the snow if I could spend every snowy winter day like that!!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Sounds like an awesome day! But I am soooooo glad we "rarely" get snow. I did how ever see very short lived snow flurries yesterday. I am very well padded and yet I was freezing this morning trying to gather my patio umbrella that got blown on top of the pool and to top it off I forgot to turn on the pool pump to let it run over night and now it's frozen. Just hope it thaws out somewhat so I can turn it on otherwise it will burst and I will have to replace the darn pump/strainer pot again. It's a warm and toasty (NOT) 27* with the windchill 14* YUK,YUK,YUK!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Okay, Crystal. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :thumbsup: Of course with a ski house in Vermont I always want it to snow too, but just up there:) I do love the quiet in the city from the new blanketing of snow and kids on sleds. But I hate the slush in the crosswalks.:yucky:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
That sounds like a perfect day, but I'm not ready for winter yet. We have a little dusting of snow, but mostly it is just dry and cold and nothing yet to shovel. I am hoping it stays that way until I travel home (and back) for Christmas...so practical. After that bring on the snow.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:wub: I do love winter... but if I had to drive to work for over 30 minutes I would not be as excited. It can be so so beautiful..and your description of your day was :aktion033:

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
Crystal - LOL! Friday after work I went to the grocery and stocked up on "blizzard food." Not Bread and milk but a roast, potatoes, veggies, snack food, etc. If I was going to be snowed in on Sunday I was making the most of it!

Glad you and your crew stayed warm and safe!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I don't hate snow but I won't miss it if we move to Florida.... I did enjoy trying fluffs running in the snow piccies...
Sounds like a great snow day,it's pretty much what I did too,today...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts