Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am already thinking of Christmas ( I know I know....pretty bad! lol) and I put up trees with lots of stuffed animals stuffed in and around them. How do you all keep your doggies from running off with items. Is there something I could spray on them? I have a teddy bear tree that I stuff with decorated teddy bears in the tree and put the large ones on the floor around the tree and I can just imagine the gleem in Maggie's eyes when she sees all those furry friends on the floor. Bitter Apple maybe? Helppppppppppppppppp!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't know about the stuffed animals.... I know Tiki would love them and it would be impossible to keep him away.

As far as the tree goes, last year Tiki just sniffed it a few time and left it alone. Remember if you use tinsel that it is quite dangerious for house pets and shouldn't be put on the lower branches.

Judi

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I had not even given Christmas decor a thought yet!!!! :eek:
My kids were always good, my cats are better with the artificial tree, they were awful with the live kind. They still bat around the lower ornaments and chew up ribbons and paper some. They are in heaven if a ball ornament falls off and they can roll it around. :wacko: I guess now I worry, because mine are the aluminum or glass whatever that are breakable...

Brinkley will be more worried about the PAPER I am sure! He drives me NUTS with his paper eating habit!!!!! :wacko:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I almost always have to work on Christmas so I haven't really decorated the past couple of years because I haven't really been in the Christmas spirit.. but if we do decorate this year I think I'll put the tree up on an end table to keep Tuffy out of it. Tuffy has a habit of putting everything and anything into his mouth so I know the tree would probably be destroyed in a matter of moments if it was on the ground :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts