Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
OOPS I'M SO SORRY...I meant to add this to the other thread--and forgot and came here....
..so sorry...

BTW~ The cake is adorable--did a bakery make it ? I gotta find that for Ruby!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Apr 6 2005, 07:25 PM
OOPS I'M SO SORRY...I meant to add this to the other thread--and forgot and came here....
..so sorry...

BTW~ The cake is adorable--did a bakery make it ? I gotta find that for Ruby!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49881
[/QUOTE]

Lowe's Foods bakery made it. Had never seen one before this one.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The cake and pic is really cute! Great picture! I'm not sure if tyler is having friends over on his birthday, so I might just make a doggie cupcake for him

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its cool whip frosting and not that sweet. I didn't let him eat the whole thing. Would have been bouncing off the walls. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
A while back someone posted a link here with directions for making a cake like that, i have it saved in my favorates and i am just waiting for an excuse to make it. maltese cake

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Apr 6 2005, 06:43 PM
A while back someone posted a link here with directions for making a cake like that, i have it saved in my favorates and i am just waiting for an excuse to make it.  maltese cake
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49946
[/QUOTE]
Your right! It does look like that, exept for the nails and the red bow!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
CUTE CAKE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Lily, thanks for posting the link to the cake directions.....I had seen it but failed to save it myself. A friend (and former boss) and I make fancy decorated cakes for friends and family and we will add this to our reportoire. She is a VP with a big corporation and we do this as therapy right now just for fun and relaxation. Did I say relaxation? The last 25 teapot cookies we made took 9 hours! We did it in stages so it wasn't 9 hours all on the same day but, nevertheless, it was a lot of work.

I am ordering a Maltese cookie cutter, too. I need to get off my butt and post some pictures of some of my cookie creations. Since I lost a large percentage of my retirement fund in the Telecom implosion (Thanks, Bernie) it looks like I will need to supplement my income when I retire in the next few years and custom cakes and cookies might be it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts