Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last week was a rough week---then on Thursday I took the puppies to the groomers and as par for the week I was an hour and half late picking them up due to work (thankfully the groomer is awesome about that) then I get them in the truck and Josie assumes her position and next thing I know I smell this awful smell and I look over and Pudge has pooped, runny poop at that, all over my new pink liz purse(ugh) and then all over the seat and was trying to climb on my lap and I was wearing white. My day just kept getting better. I just started laughing because it was just crazy, Pudge with the runs, new purse ruined, truck stinks. So then I get them home (thank goodness less than 5 minutes away) I go inside with the dogs and notice that Pudge is a mess in the back end so I go to clean him up and realize there is bright red blood (just knowing that can't be a good sign), so then I start crying hysterically
and call my vet to get him in right away, call hubby crying, call work crying, let's see I don't think there were many people that didn't hear me cry that day. Then while I am waiting for the appointment I go out to the truck to clean it :new_Eyecrazy: realize the samples left behind are very mucousy and bloody-so assume he probably has a colitis-calm down a bit knowing it is treatable.....then realize new cute liz pink purse is ruined, in the dumpster it goes--stinks beyond redeeming

Then I go inside Pudge acts like nothing is wrong-which I knew was a good sign he was still very playful..get him to the vet sample in hand and diagnosis colitis and antibiotic treatment-whew what a day........I'd give up a purse to have a healthy pup anyday, but the story gets better.......

Hubby goes out that night and buys me a new purse--a dooney and bourke (never had one before) he felt so bad because I was so stressed out over Pudge and the bleeding and all. So that was a great ending to a bad day. He calls it a Gooney and Dork......

Pudge is doing well, and I got a new purse---win win.........
Pudge likes the cheese treats he is getting twice a day to disquise the ABX...he thinks it is great...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Poor lil Pudge. Glad he's better.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww. Glad he is feeling better...bless both your little hearts for THAT mess! :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
OMG, I would have freaked if I saw blood in Massimo's stool! Ugh! Thank goodness Pudge is ok!

-c

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses it helps to know others understand. I did freak when I saw the blood it was awful. But pudgemeister is doing fine running around like nothing was wrong stools are fine, taking his abx.....tear stains are improving bonus from the abx--he didn't have bad ones to begin with but they are better. He loves taking his abx because it is cleverly disquised in cheese....oh the glory of cheese

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Glad to hear Pudge is getting better!!! Oh by the way congradulations on the new purse, sounds like you have a very thoughtful husband!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He does pretty well it only took me 15 years to train him (no offense to any men on here-but my hubby would agree). The puppies were easier

1 - 10 of 10 Posts