Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this in an e-mail from dog.com today. It's a very collapsible carrier/ pop up camper for dogs and on sale for half price. ($10 for small size). It isn't like a large playpen but more like a carrier. Reviews seem to be good. I like that it collapses flat so might be nice for people who visit others and need to leave the fluff there. Or when going to a hotel, really easy to carry in the trunk of a car. Could even order one that's bigger for the dog to use as a play space. Just thought I'd pass it on.
Therapet Pop Up Camper Soft Dog Crate Grn - Dog.com

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
I use similar ones,when I travel. When I flew to Florida,I had my sherpa for the cabin and I put my large one,36x28x 18,it was folded down in it's packaging down the the size of a frisbee,in my carry on!
This way I had a large folding crate for the fluffs to be in the room when I had to be w/ ou them.
Just rmember to secure the zipper door w/ a large safety pin so they can't paw at it and get it started. The carrier is light weigth so it will roll over so I place it between a couple chairs.

These are great for the park when you need to pu tthem in soemthign just to eat or on the beach. I tend to like the little bigger ones,but they stil fold up small.

I have a huge playpen that's over 5ftx 3 ft,it folds down to the size of a slip cover about 3ftx1.5 ft inches by about 3 inches thick.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I use one of these for Micky in the car. It's not quite as solid as a hard-sided crate, but keeps him from running around inside the car. We tried the carseat route, but he wouldn't stay in it, and kept getting hung up in the harness.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I have one similar to that - which I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's come in handy, but i still like the canvas xpen better.....

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I use one of these for Micky in the car. It's not quite as solid as a hard-sided crate, but keeps him from running around inside the car. We tried the carseat route, but he wouldn't stay in it, and kept getting hung up in the harness.
You know, you gave me an idea. Sometimes my dad has to pick up/drop off Bailey for me...daycare, the vet, etc. Because he doesn't have Bailey's carseat in his car, he usually ends up putting Bailey in his lap while he drives :w00t: :w00t: I am always petrified that something will happen. This crate might work really well for those times! Much easier than trying to move the carseat back and forth.

Is there a way to secure it in the car...strap it in with the seat belt? Where do you put the crate...and what size do you have?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts