Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of giving half a shot and then the other half at another point?
Because the pups are so tiny?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I've heard of spacing out the shots (get one now and the other in 2-3 weeks). Never heard of giving portions of shots at different times.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey has never had a problem with any of her shots but I do have her rabies given 2 weeks after her other shots. I have heard of giving half now and half later but I can't remember why it was done - maybe the dog had a heart condition?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Jul 1 2005, 10:46 AM
Lacey has never had a problem with any of her shots but I do have her rabies given 2 weeks after her other shots. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76848
[/QUOTE]
Nikki is getting her shots 3 weeks apart. She got her 2nd set of shots on June 24, 3rd set on July 15, 4th set on Aug 5, & rabies Aug 26.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by JAKIEP33@Jul 1 2005, 10:42 AM
does anyone  know of giving half a shot and then the other half at another point?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76844
[/QUOTE]

We work with a vet who has a lot of experience with toy breeds and show dogs. He gives only 1/2 the shot (and throws the other 1/2 away). Shots are started no earlier than eight weeks, sometime ten. Only Parvo/Distemper is given for the first two injections.
I've lost a pup from shots, listening to the local vet I used until I had enough facts on him to see how ignorant he was with the toy breeds. I give my own shots because this other vet is too far to go for routine visits. I do have two other vets I can call on for problems, health checks/lab work, or c-sections, but shots are done here. If I have a question on care, I'm going to make the visit to the one who knows his stuff with the toys.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by LucyLou+Jul 1 2005, 12:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-JAKIEP33
@Jul 1 2005, 10:42 AM
does anyone  know of giving half a shot and then the other half at another point?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76844
We work with a vet who has a lot of experience with toy breeds and show dogs. He gives only 1/2 the shot (and throws the other 1/2 away). Shots are started no earlier than eight weeks, sometime ten. Only Parvo/Distemper is given for the first two injections.
I've lost a pup from shots, listening to the local vet I used until I had enough facts on him to see how ignorant he was with the toy breeds. I give my own shots because this other vet is too far to go for routine visits. I do have two other vets I can call on for problems, health checks/lab work, or c-sections, but shots are done here. If I have a question on care, I'm going to make the visit to the one who knows his stuff with the toys.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76853
[/B][/QUOTE]

thank you! god i have been driving myself crazy worring about all this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts