Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE PUPPIES ARE 2 WEEKS OLD COME TOMORROW AND THEY HAVE REALLY GROWN. THIER EYES ARE OPEN. THEY STILL SLEEP A LOT. ALL ARE HEALTHY. WHAT IS THE GOING RATE FOR PUPPIES WHERE YOU LIVE? I THINK ABOUT 500-600 HERE.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
congratulations!!! so this is your first time breeding, right? well, if they are show dogs, with akc papers, and you have an idea that they'll be under 7 lbs---my dogs were $1,000 and $1200 females and they were in santa paula, california

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THEY ARE APR. THE FEMALE IS 7-71/2 LBS AND THE MALE IS 5LBS. HE IS DOUBLE REGISTERED AKC AND APR, SHE IS JUST APR.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Where are you located? Wow six puppies that is huge for a Malt litter--lucky you <_< more pups to get puppy kisses from (nothing like puppy breath-it is heaven sent!) We got our little girl in Washington State and she is AKC and weighs in at 5.5lbs and has the "baby doll face" we paid $700. I see ads ranging from $700-900 around here.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Oh, those pups look just gorgeous! It's difficult to tell but are they all the same size? What do they weigh in at now? I know that is a lot of work but still, what a lot of fun to have 6 babies all at once.

I had to laugh at 2happymalts. Puppy Breath IS heaven sent!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have seen 350-650 around my area. I went a few states over to get Brinkley, but about the same there. I paid 400 for him, but normally she gets 450 for males and 500 for females. Very reasonable in my opinion.
He is AKC registered.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THEY ARE ALL CLOSE IN SIZE. THEY WIEGHED FROM 4 TO 5.3 OZ AT BIRTH AND NOW GO FROM 10-14.3 OZ. I AM IN POPLAR BLUFF, MISSOURI.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I live in Des Moines, IA and around here the price seems to be $500-900. The breeders that I talked to that had puppies for $500 were not the best. One that I talked to sounded great until I asked what age she lets them go at. She told me that the this particular mother usually "decides" to stop nursing at 4-5 weeks and she (the breeder) likes to keep them another week or so. I was like you mean you let them go at 5-6 weeks old! Needless to say I did not get a puppy from her.

Lexi was $600.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I live near chicago as well, and i got my dog from Arkansas knowing they are much cheaper up there. I payed for mine $900 akc and second generation champ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cool pups on photo!!

I cant belive that it is so big differentce in price! When my husband called to Angels maltese it was taled to him that prices go up from 10 000$! :eek: Interesting is it jocke? and they sale dogs with nutr. contract and like two owners if even it is show dogs!! :wacko:

·
Registered
939 Posts
In my area (Austin, Tx) males start at $550 and females $650. I got this prices from the newspaper this week. This is the lowest price I have ever seen, but I am not sure about the breeders/sellers.

Judi

·
Registered
205 Posts
There so cute w/ their pink noses!!
I'm getting my puppy from CA. and i've noticed that prices there range from $1000. to maybe as high as 4500.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I got Maxi for 1700 in new york going rate around here is 1000-5000
females are more than males but when i got Maxi i had a choice between a female and maxi both were the same price if you buy directly from a breeder and they are a good honest breeder you can get them for half the price When i got Maxi they told me both his parents were 5 to 6lbs
Maxi is almost 9lbs and long but he is thin looking to me with a beautiful tail and an adorable face supposedly he came from a breeder in iberia mo
names joann shadow i tried looking her up but i cant find her listed anywhere.....He does have all his black points , whatever he is my baby!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts