Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Ladys mom--Thanks! But I have to admit...I barely touched his face. The whole process took 3 hrs because of all his mats and him fussing. So I didn't REALLY do his face til yesterday. My bf had to hold him down. I mostly used the thinning shears on his face.

He looks like a really fat chihuahua!
I really like his hair this short. I can't wait to bathe him. I wonder how long it'll take me to wash him. Maybe 15 mins? HEHE.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Well, I clipped all of Brink's hair off. I am dissappointed.
I didn't realize how much I liked it better longer until it was all gone...maybe I can find a happy medium though. It was about 3-4 inches when I cut it...now it is about an inch. I think maybe 2-2 1/2 is where I would like to keep it. Anyway, here are some pictures. Hope they are not too big. I am not crazy about his face/head/ears. I did thin his ears out so they were not quite so thick...but something about his top of the head/ears is not laying right and I am not thrilled. Anyway...grooming yourself is definitely a learn as you go process. Maybe in 5-10 years I will have it down to an art!

Here is the final product...although I will probably do like K/C and chase him around for several days snipping and evening spots out...
Dang those tear stain too!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i think u did a great job for a first try!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Not my first try!
Like my 5-8th!!! Ha ha....I just tried different things this time that I had not done before...I think I will stick with my old way next time...he he...
I may not get a groomers license with my techniques...but they work for me and Brink!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HAHA You did a great job, Tlunn! At least now that it's this short, you dont have to cut him for a while. :D And at least, Brinks head doesnt look like it's gonna fall off of his body like Cloud! HAHAH

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Brinkley and Cloud are adorable!! Good job you guys!!! :D
Peanut had awful mats at one point and I had to shave a lot of hair off. They are so tiny without all that fluff!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Chelsey@Feb 5 2005, 02:52 PM
I think he looks great, you did a really good job
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33656
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
I miss the fluff though! Can't wait for it to grow out some.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It will be 2 inches in no time. The great thing about hair is it grows back pretty quickly! It takes some time to figure out how to do what you want and what look you prefer.

I like Woo's hair longer so I cut it to 3/4 or 1 in and then just trim feet and face for 2-3 months in the cooler weather. In the summer when he is out on the deck all of the time, I tend to trim more often so he can get more baths because the pollen is so bad here.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Well I got my second pair of clippers the first ones were for the paws and tummy.
This one is more powerfull. Chelsey hair is changing so Ithink I need to cut it down.
Gee it took all winter to grow and how it has to come off. She is getting a mix of cotton and silky.

The clippers are Andis AGC pofessional . I also purchased the Snap on comb F-1 1/4.
Hopfully I will try it out this weekend . Chester is so easy to do. I cliped his hair last week 20 min with sissors.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh my! I did the stupidest thing. I decided to trim Cloud down yesterday since he was sorta starting to matt up again. I told myself I'm going to trim him 1/2 inch short. So when it came time to using the clippers, I picked up what I THOUGHT was the 1/2 inch comb, but really, it was the No.2 comb aka. the second shortest comb (3/8 inch). I didnt realize it until I went over his head with the clippers! And now he's got a bald spot!!!!
: (
WHAT WAS I THINKING! He doesnt look that bad. I gotta trim more off his head because it's not even.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 29 2005, 11:13 PM
Oh my!  I did the stupidest thing.  I decided to trim Cloud down yesterday since he was sorta starting to matt up again.  I told myself I'm going to trim him 1/2 inch short.  So when it came time to using the clippers, I picked up what I THOUGHT was the 1/2 inch comb, but really, it was the No.2 comb aka. the second shortest comb (3/8 inch).  I didnt realize it until I went over his head with the clippers!  And now he's got a bald spot!!!!
  WHAT WAS I THINKING!  He doesnt look that bad.  I gotta trim more off his head because it's not even.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58224
[/QUOTE]
I did the EXACT same thing that you did!!!! Poor little Nutty had to walk around with a dent in his hair for a few weeks
It doesn't matter what we do wrong, these babies are ALWAYS cute as can be!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
LilPNut! HAHA You are soooo right! My cousin came by and she couldnt stop talking about how cute Cloud was despite his lopsided head. LOL

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 29 2005, 10:13 PM
Oh my!  I did the stupidest thing.  I decided to trim Cloud down yesterday since he was sorta starting to matt up again.  I told myself I'm going to trim him 1/2 inch short.  So when it came time to using the clippers, I picked up what I THOUGHT was the 1/2 inch comb, but really, it was the No.2 comb aka. the second shortest comb (3/8 inch).  I didnt realize it until I went over his head with the clippers!  And now he's got a bald spot!!!!
  WHAT WAS I THINKING!  He doesnt look that bad.  I gotta trim more off his head because it's not even.

[/QUOTE]

I have done that before too, and just cut it all that length...to even it up...it looked strange to be so short for a few days, but it grew fast...
Brink's was in the middle of his back though, like a reverse mohawk! :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
We just returned from Petsmart where she trimed around Harley's eyes. She really didn't take enough off for my liking but I didn't say anything. It seems to grow soo fast there.I am trying to grow the rest of his coat out longer. I brush him every day and he has no matting......yet. If he starts to matt I will cut him back.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Well I cut chelsey hair last night ..Just had to try out those clippers.
I started at 12:00 am and finished at 2:00 am

Here is the result.

Before:

After:

I started of by sissor cutting some of the hair off. And then used the 1 1/4 attachment. It took me long enought to fingure out how to attach it...

Next I removed the attachment and did her feet and used the smaller clippers for her paws.

I think she looks like a little puppy again... It worked great and chelsey did not mind her hair cut one bit. I was scared I would take of too much but it work great.
I could not get a full picture of her.. she was moving aroung to much... my phone can not capture quick motion

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 29 2005, 11:13 PM

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he is happy to get rid of those matts regardless. I guess you can find him a puppy hat untill it grow in . I'm sure it will grow back in a few weeks there hair grows so fast. I was also worried about taking too much off, but the guide was really good. I wanted chelsey to have little less hair then what I did but this will work too.

41 - 60 of 118 Posts