Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valletta is off to the groomer's for her first "puppy cut". Fortunately, while I was there dropping her off (with tons of photos to give the groomer), she was cutting a Havanese (a breed which I adore almost as much as the Maltese). It was the perfect puppy cut, without being too long or too short. Kind of like a 5 month old malt's hair! The same person has been clipping her on a regular basis, so I am confident that she will come back looking adorable. I am not sure my family will speak to me, but since no one else was willing to take the time twice a day to brush her and comb her, and since it is getting so hot here, I thought this would be an all around better option. And if I really don't care for it, the good thing is that it will grow back. She is supposed to be done by 2:00 this afternoon, so I'll post photos soon. Just so everyone knows, her hair is much longer than in her avatar or signature photos. Not quite as long as JMM's, but almost! So it will be a big change. I am sure her weight will drop by a few ounces too...she has a ton of hair.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I know you'll love the cut. I would never go back to having Catcher in a long style ever again. He had his puppy cut a couple months' ago and he is already ready for another one... I think they look so cute in the short cuts and it is so much less grooming and Catcher tolerates it but I know he doesn't like it....

I can't wait to see pics of Valletta's new "do"!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Cant wait to see pics of the new doo!!! I love them in the shorter cuts & like K/C will probably never go back to long.They look as they did when they were puppys when they are cut short! Too sweet

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we're back from the groomers. She won't sit still long enough for me to take a photo, so I'll have to wait until she slows down a bit! The cut is very cute, kind of like a shaggy puppy cut. Her tail and face/ears were left long. The hair on her body is about 2" long, but looks shorter because it sticks up in all directions. It looks really cute. I do prefer the longer look though, and by the time fall rolls around, her hair will be appropriate for the season. I'll try to post some shots that I got of flying fur....

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I can't wait to see your pictures. She's beautiful with long hair I'm sure she'll be precious with short.

Shiela-your signature pictures are adorable

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Very CUTE!! I love the cut. she looks BEAUTIFUL, crooked bow and all!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
She looks adorable! I am also considering the puppy cut. Sassy, in particular, has so much hair and it is really alot to keep up with. I've been out of town so much lately that I have to BEG my husband or my mother to comb her and Sadie. They try, but they don't get down to all of the mats. My husband loves her hair, but then he doesn't do one thing to try and keep it up. Please let me know how it works out. In a week I'd want to know if it has been alot less trouble.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Saltymalty~
She looks beautiful !! Does her coat tend to mat when its longer? How many times a day do you brush her? She has a gorgeous coat!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Her coat never matted, but I am sure the twice daily brushing helped. She has a very dense coat of fine hair. I think that the length (not super short, but short enough to keep her cooler) will grow to a nice "fall/winter" length just as the seasons begin to change.

·
Registered
608 Posts
She looks great! Tunny got butchered today. He looks like a deformed poodle on crack. My poor baby, I cried when I picked him up.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by dhodina@Jul 11 2005, 07:38 PM
She looks great!  Tunny got butchered today.  He looks like a deformed poodle on crack.  My poor baby,  I cried when I picked him up.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80472
[/QUOTE]
Valletta's hair was about as long as Tunny's avatar photo. It is a dramatic change, no doubt. I'd love to see Tunny's picture with the new do.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts