Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Puppy Cut

4K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Kristy 
She looks adorable! I am also considering the puppy cut. Sassy, in particular, has so much hair and it is really alot to keep up with. I've been out of town so much lately that I have to BEG my husband or my mother to comb her and Sadie. They try, but they don't get down to all of the mats. My husband loves her hair, but then he doesn't do one thing to try and keep it up. Please let me know how it works out. In a week I'd want to know if it has been alot less trouble.

Originally posted by LucyLou+Jul 12 2005, 08:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-msmagnolia
@Jul 11 2005, 04:21 PM
She looks adorable!  I am also considering the puppy cut.  Sassy, in particular, has so much hair and it is really alot to keep up with.  I've been out of town so much lately that I have to BEG my husband or my mother to comb her and Sadie.  They try, but they don't get down to all of the mats.  My husband loves her hair, but then he doesn't do one thing to try and keep it up.  Please let me know how it works out.  In a week I'd want to know if it has been alot less trouble.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80429
When I read your post, it reminded me of the deal my daughter has with her husband. He wants their daughter to have long hair (she's nine months old now), so he is to keep it combed. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80589
[/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly! Since I've been away so much I've noticed that my husband is doing a lot less insisting that Sassy's beautiful, long hair must stay. The groomer that I use owns 11 Maltese and she does know how to cut their hair. Sassy and Sadie will have to go for a longer visit if I have them do a significant cut down.

Was just wondering if the grooming was any easier with the shorter hair? Will you keep the shorter cut, or return to full coat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.