Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ponyo had to go get another cut and nail trimming last night. Her nails grow so fast they were getting snagged on things. Plus the weather got crazy hot w/ OVER 100% humidity, so I got her cut a little shorter then the last time!

She was done posing for pics and started causing trouble w/ Cali! (I LOVE her tail!!!)

She was SO done listening to me by this point! lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
This is Hannah right now. Short body,long legs & medium bob. Getting just about time for a change maybe.
Sue, I love this cut, love the way you've shaped Hannah's head and am wondering if you would be kind enough to take a picture of the back of Hannah's head so that I can try to copy what you've done .... if that's okay with you?

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Sue, I love this cut, love the way you've shaped Hannah's head and am wondering if you would be kind enough to take a picture of the back of Hannah's head so that I can try to copy what you've done .... if that's okay with you?
Thanks Mary,it's been my favorite on her too.I'll check my picture folders & see if I have anything,Hannahs not one to turn her back to a camera.So if not,I'll get you one soon.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Butchie just noticed that he, in his previous haircut, is included here! Thanks!

He got trimmed even shorter two days ago and I was unhappy about it, but now I think I like it. For a naturally fairly curly coat, it's perfect for running through sprinklers. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Ponyo is the cutest thing ever....she doesn't even look real she's so cute!!!!:wub2:

Ponyo had to go get another cut and nail trimming last night. Her nails grow so fast they were getting snagged on things. Plus the weather got crazy hot w/ OVER 100% humidity, so I got her cut a little shorter then the last time!

She was done posing for pics and started causing trouble w/ Cali! (I LOVE her tail!!!)

She was SO done listening to me by this point! lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you so much for this thread!!! Attie gets her 1st puppy cut tom. and now I have ideas to show our groomer. I'll post pics when we get home.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
after careful considersation i like aolani's and yeagers puppy cuts , i guess its the fact that their faces look soo boyish , not too short n not too long also the body is not too short ... i love them both .. i might be taking dolce to the groomer this weekend or next week ...

questions.... how long is the body , and the face ? how do u describe that to the groomer.?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Can you print up a pic? Visual aids really ARE the best. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Thank you for this post - poor 'lil Lucy had a "haircut" - the groomer said "she's a puppy and wouldn't sit still" - hopefully, these photo's will give the groomer an idea of what a Maltese puppy cut is -

All of your fluffs look WONDERFUL and ADORABLE!

Allie

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
after careful considersation i like aolani's and yeagers puppy cuts , i guess its the fact that their faces look soo boyish , not too short n not too long also the body is not too short ... i love them both .. i might be taking dolce to the groomer this weekend or next week ...

questions.... how long is the body , and the face ? how do u describe that to the groomer.?
Aolani is very flatered and can't wait to see Dolce rocking his new 'do!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I trimmed Rylee's litttle face kinda like Ava's and I think I twill do him in mor eof the puppy cut. Since he's a boy,he can pull that look off.He's also so tiny,he'd look adorable in a puppy cut. He does have the most gorgeous silky fur,not heavy or thick so might go slightly longer on the body fur, or experiment w/ a modified cocker cut on him. I've seen it on other Malts,shorter fur on the top of the body,leaving a long flowing skirt.That way he can stil have that graceful look of the long skirt w/ less maintenance. If I don't like it,it'll grow out...
I'll post piccies when I do it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Here are a couple of Feather from last year. I don't have that many of Indi standing. Mostly it is posed frontal shots and hard to see the cut. The last one, cracks me up. She's such a smirk face! :HistericalSmiley:

Hope you enjoy,

Karla n Girlz

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ava's newest cut! Pretty short, but I'm loving every minute so far!!!
View attachment 88748

View attachment 88749
Pat, I did not realize you went even shorter on Ava's cut :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: you must be loving the very LOW maintenance :chili: SeRi is getting hers TODAY . . I am finally taking the plunge . . .she is definitely going to be sooo happy when I don't have to brush her much anymore :HistericalSmiley:

21 - 40 of 116 Posts