Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I will be bringing home my new baby in several weeks. In the meanwhile, I am trying to do as much research as possible. Would love to hear recommendations from the group about preferred foods. I am looking at grain-free kibble...any preferences of brands or experiences (good or bad) that you would like to share are appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Welcome! Your baby is adorable!

I understand kibble is easier but the ingredients are highly processed and the extreme dryness of the product means you really have to make sure your baby drinks enough water, or else add water to the food. If you must feed kibble, Fromm is excellent.

There are a lot of great dehydrated, freeze dried and frozen raw diets and dog food advisor is a good source. I also love Whole Dog Journal which publishes lists of recommended foods each year and has high standards for who goes on that list. It's something like $30 a year for a subscription, but well worth it to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Your baby is adorable!

I understand kibble is easier but the ingredients are highly processed and the extreme dryness of the product means you really have to make sure your baby drinks enough water, or else add water to the food. If you must feed kibble, Fromm is excellent.

There are a lot of great dehydrated, freeze dried and frozen raw diets and dog food advisor is a good source. I also love Whole Dog Journal which publishes lists of recommended foods each year and has high standards for who goes on that list. It's something like $30 a year for a subscription, but well worth it to me.

Thank you! I will look into that option. I certainly want to make sure that I am doing anything and everything possible to keep my baby healthy! I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We are using Wellness Core puppy and I use freeze-dried liver (Stewart Pro Treat) and duck as training treats and freeze-dried bully sticks for chewing.

I will be interested to see what others are using

1 - 6 of 6 Posts