Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask all of you what is necessary to groom a puppy maltese. I know their hair is different, and so far I have a pin brush and a slicker brush. I hope those are enough to get through to any mats, but if there is anything else I should get before she comes home let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
JMM has great posts with tools, and how too's. I like the greyhound combs because if you use it for the last step, it'll catch any little mats that the brushes miss.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I broke down and purchased a comb and brush from Chris Christensen. I can't believe what a difference having a good comb and brush make. The comb is the "buttercomb #000" and the brush is the "20 mm Oval Gold Pin Brush." Next paycheck I will be purchasing a slicker brush. Don't let the prices scare you. I use Bless the Beast shampoo/conditioner on Lacey. If you go to QVC.com and type in Bless the Beast you can order. If you go to the Bless the Beast website you can order the Puppy shampoo. Today I ordered the Proline spray. If you go back you will finds lots and lots of grooming info from JMM. She knows so much about grooming these little ones.

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?...topic=1857&st=0

The above link will take you to an excellent topic by JMM

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I love the CC Gold Series pin brush. I have the 27 mm. It is a pricey brush, but worth every penny, I think, for a dog with a thicker, more cottony coat like my Lady.

I've been eyeing the buttercomb, too, although the A#1 All Systems comb looks nice, too. I just use a regular greyhound comb now.

I started buying grooming supplies when I adopted Lady 5 years ago. The cheap stuff I bought right at first I ended up replacing, so I only buy the good stuff now. I kept (and still keep!) a running "wish list". I just ordered monthl, usually from Petedge, until I built up my supply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts