Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I get a email from a friend of mine in Yuma, she insisted I check out Pets on craigs list Yuma, so I go to the site and what do I find but a maltese puppy for rehoming:w00t: now I'm not ready for another yet, but I emailed the person to find out about the puppy, I get a email back saying the puppy is 8 weeks old, and they will send her to me tomorrow,:w00t: they sent me a phone number and told me she was in ST. Georege Utah and the flight and rehoming fee was $300.00:unsure: I didn't say I wanted the puppy, just asking about it. I am thinking the whole thing is a scam, that's what I'm hoping it is, how in the world could anyone just send a puppy to someone they don't know:blink: Here's a few pictures of the puppy

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree Marj, I was so shocked that they were willing to send her tomorrow, when I didn't even say I was seriously looking for one, also they said she would weigh 4lbs, it's a scam
When I do get another it won't be from Craigs list. I emailed my friend and sent her the email the people sent me, hopefully she will stop looking on Craigs list for pets

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
To me it sounds like the scam of the "missionary" going to Africa and not being able to take their dog/puppy with them and if I send them $200, $300, $500, whatever -- just for the shipping, I will have my new puppy tomorrow.

Yep -- I truly believe that it's a scam (and I'm praying that it is). A 8 week old Maltese being shipped to a total stranger -- better be a scram.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
they said she would weigh 4lbs
That pup looks older than 8 weeks, honestly.
Yes, I would say so too...I remember when scammers stole Snowy's photos from his dogster page and posted them in puppyfind.com as a 4 months old female maltese puppy, named Love :w00t: amazes me when scammers try to act smart :angry: Snowy's coat was too long in the pictures for a 4 months old pup, let alone the whole look he had!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
:smpullhair::smpullhair:Ughhhh I hate these things. It just gives me the creeps, using pictures of cute pups as lure and ripping people off. If only more were educated about where puppies should come from and that Craig's List and pet stores are not it.:smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
sounds super sketchy!! the puppy is cute though :) I thought Craigslist flags posts that sell puppies?

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Craigs list is rife with scammer (and hookers). Run the other way. And for some reason, that picture has a familiar feel. I bet we have seen it before.

·
Registered
389 Posts
When I first started looking for a puppy, I found a lot of scams like this. I didn't look at this ad but what I was finding were pictures copied of beautiful maltese puppies and I suspected the "seller" was in another country waiting for the money.

By the way, your puppy is adorable!!!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:w00t: Paula It has to be a scam... all the red flags --the picture is not an 8 week old, more like 12-16 week old, they are way too eager for your "shipping" money, and not even one thought of talking with you a potential buyer??? Saying it is for "rehoming" is ridiculous also.. NO real breeder calls a puppy that young a rehome. Several years ago, my puppy for sale picture was stolen and this scammer set up an account using another (not known to me) person's info as the breeder but the scammer used their own (most likely temporary) email for correspondence and payment by paypal of just the shipping costs. That is all they wanted --that money. Someone who recognized my picture told me about it. WOW. Recently my AMA member friend sold a very nice female to a lady who had been scammed by similiar ad on ? some pet selling website. I think she lost ALL her money.. SICK... These people are VERY aggressive to get the $$ and never deliver a dog. VERY SAD in our society. :angry:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Agreed! The story is made up! It is a scam for sure, there is no puppy...
just someone seeking the "shipping" money!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Craigs list is rife with scammer (and hookers). Run the other way. And for some reason, that picture has a familiar feel. I bet we have seen it before.
Sure it's a bunch of bull. But hey, Pam, quit talking about me!!

Love ya, girlie!! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
:unsure: hummm....wonder if there were any unsuspecting buyers who actually sent $.... expecting that adorable puppy.

Guess if it works....the bad guys will use it. and it must work, cause it's still happening.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts