Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This upsets me. It is on facebook - search "teacuppuppy malteseyorkie"
It is either a total scam ( most probable), or the worst online pet store ever.
They recently posted a picture where they were supposedly shipping a puppy to canada ( from hawaii) can you imagine that?

I wish i knew how to post a link, but i can't. If you look through the puppy photos you might recognize one of the puppies. I know i did.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but yorkie is misspelled. ( in case people give up on the link).

The comments and people on the fb page are clearly fake - same comments and same people dated before the puppies were posted.

I just wanted to get a warning on here just in case.

·
Registered
514 Posts
From what I found out when researching for a pup, you should never go with a "teacup" anything. Bad breeding, "greeders" (greedy breeders), and health problems with such a small dog. They are not meant to be that small and human influence on their breeding is unnatural (I think).

Also, from some of the pictures of their "available" maltese I'd say they may not actually be teacup (where the "standard" is under 2lbs). Daisy is on the small side and was that size as a puppy but she's 8.5 months and over 3 lbs. Even we worry about her small size. She can't get up and down stairs by herself. We were hoping she'd be closer to 5lbs which is what we were told she would be. I can't imagine how delicate and of poor health a teacup dog would be.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cringe at the word " teacup". It is a giant red flag that you are not dealing with a reputable breeder because no self respecting breeder would ever use that term. Websites like this are at best a SCAM to coax suckers into sending deposits. At worst, they are animal abusers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts