Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Puppy search update :D

3K views 45 replies 27 participants last post by  Katkoota 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I haven't been posting on here as much, but I'm still reading along and trying to keep up with everyone.

I figured that you all would like an update on the progess I've been making on my search for the perfect baby!

Pellinore was born on 10-10-10 and he's a perfectly healthy little guy! I have yet to see a picture of him, but I'm sure he's precious! Bonnie told me that he's ice white and absolutely beautiful. I'm going to be getting pictures of him next month. His momma is Misty and his daddy is Go-Go. I just can't wait to see the first picture of him!! :chili:

and now that he's been born, I feel so unprepared! :blink: I've been collecting all kinds of supplies, but I don't want to overlook something. If you guys have any tips for bringing the first puppy home or suggestions for neccessities, please share! Thanks!! :blush:

Annie

#5 ·
Oh Boy! Oh Boy!! I can't wait to see his pictures either!!!! :aktion033:

Let's see....supplies.....

Xpen
food and water bowls
Nutracal / Pediacare
keep him on the food that Bonnie had him on for a while
spring water
toys
pee pee pads and holder
comfy little bed
small crate
either a nylabone or dried sweet potatos to chew on
brush & comb & small elastic bands
puppy shampoo

#8 ·
Thank you guys so much! I hope you guys realize how big of a role you all played in me getting him. Without spoiled maltese, I would've been supporting a byb or a puppymill and just thinking about it breaks my heart! Sm is truly an amazing place to learn!

Pat-

Xpen- the bigger the better? I found a zebra print one I want, I just don't know what size to buy!

Spring water- keeps the tear stains down? I use a pure filter on my sink.. Is that like spring water? lol I'm clueless when it comes to different classifications of water...

Puppy shampoo- earthbath counts.. right? or do I need a shampoo that's specifically for puppies?

#11 ·
Your pup will be spending a lot of time in this pen, so make sure it's large enough to hold his bed, peepee pad, food/water bowls and toys. The soft side pen might work, but the metal ones are larger and can be configured in many ways. Maybe you'll want both pens eventually....:whistle:

Filter water is good. :thumbsup:

shampoo....not sure....read the label on earthbath to make sure it's ok for puppies.

This is so exciting!

#9 ·

#14 ·
#19 ·
Pat-

?Dog Pen Pet Pen Play Pen Puppy + 2 Extra Panels CI-604 - eBay (item 170558392944 end time Oct-30-10 13:57:46 PDT)

Would that work as a pen? It's not metal, but it has panels... Would metal be a better bet?

My shampoo says okay to use on dogs over 6 weeks I believe! Yay! :D

Thank you guys so much! I'm glad that you're all excited for me! I can't wait until he's older! When I called earlier this week he still had his little eyes closed! Awe!

I have an Iris pen, they are great and I really like the idea of extra panels....just in case you think he needs more room. I also have a metal one and a soft sided canvas one. :blush: oh my goodness. I use them all at times for different reasons. (hey I have to justify these purchases, right?):HistericalSmiley:

Oh one more thing. When I have had puppies around I placed a remenant piece of vinal flooring under the pen (in case of accidents). Of course you could also use a shower curtain, plastic table cloth, etc....

#16 ·
Bonnie had mentioned that she has a couple of male puppies that are (were) available. I'm so glad that you're getting one of them and we can watch it grow up on SM. Can't wait to see pictures.

Annie -- I'm so very happy for you. I know that you've waited such a long time for that perfect little fluff. So many things to think about. Have you even thought of a name yet?

#22 ·
I just now learned the multi quote trick so I'm sorry for the ones before that I didn't get to! :(

Bonnie had mentioned that she has a couple of male puppies that are (were) available. I'm so glad that you're getting one of them and we can watch it grow up on SM. Can't wait to see pictures.

Annie -- I'm so very happy for you. I know that you've waited such a long time for that perfect little fluff. So many things to think about. Have you even thought of a name yet?
I'm so excited that I'm getting one too!! His name is Pellinore. You may think I'm lame, but I got the name from a college course called Hero and Quest that I took over the summer. It focuses on the stories surrounding King Arthur and King Pellinore was the goofiest sweetest king there was and I just loved him. He was actually the first knight Arthur ever saw and he inspired him to become one. I figured it would be a perfect little maltese name!

Annie, here is the pen I have for Bailey: Amazon.com: Iris CI-604 Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen, 4 Panels: Kitchen & Dining

It looks like the same one as in the link you posted.

I actually have the 4 panel and the bigger 8 panel...and I LOVE them!!! The big one is set up in our family room all the time and Bailey stays in there while I'm at work during the day. It's big enough to hold his bed, puppy pad holder and water bowl, etc. This pen is HUGE though (the sides are tall) and takes up a lot of room, so keep that in mind. It works well for us...but Bailey is bigger than Pellinore will be. For him, you would probably be fine with the 4 panel pen. We use this one as the travel pen, to take to other people's houses when we visit, or to hotels. I really love these pens.

I got the 4 panel on Amazon for like $35 a few months back which I thought was a good deal! I had a coupon so I ended up getting the bigger one for $30 :) These have been a GREAT investment!!!
What a great deal! If you find another one let me know! ;)

I have an Iris pen, they are great and I really like the idea of extra panels....just in case you think he needs more room. I also have a metal one and a soft sided canvas one. :blush: oh my goodness. I use them all at times for different reasons. (hey I have to justify these purchases, right?):HistericalSmiley:

Oh one more thing. When I have had puppies around I placed a remenant piece of vinal flooring under the pen (in case of accidents). Of course you could also use a shower curtain, plastic table cloth, etc....
That's a good idea! I'll have to go to Home Depot and find some cute flooring.
lol Well I don't think my boyfriend would buy my need for multiple exercise pens just yet... I'll probably end up with multiple ones in the end though!

Congratulations!!! Your baby is finally in this world and so close to being in your arms :D You've done so much research and preparation already, you'll do great!
I'm too excited! Thanks for your confidence in me! :blush:

I feel like "we're going to have a baby" - sort of like when friends have babies (actually my friends, children, are now having babies).

Annie - I'm so happy for you - you're going to make a wonderful mom.

((Hugs))
I definately feel like I'm going to have a baby. and I've finally got Michael to agree to family pictures when Pellinore gets here! :chili:

#18 ·
Annie, here is the pen I have for Bailey:

It looks like the same one as in the link you posted.

I actually have the 4 panel and the bigger 8 panel...and I LOVE them!!! The big one is set up in our family room all the time and Bailey stays in there while I'm at work during the day. It's big enough to hold his bed, puppy pad holder and water bowl, etc. This pen is HUGE though (the sides are tall) and takes up a lot of room, so keep that in mind. It works well for us...but Bailey is bigger than Pellinore will be. For him, you would probably be fine with the 4 panel pen. We use this one as the travel pen, to take to other people's houses when we visit, or to hotels. I really love these pens.

I got the 4 panel on Amazon for like $35 a few months back which I thought was a good deal! I had a coupon so I ended up getting the bigger one for $30 :) These have been a GREAT investment!!!

#30 ·
what a delightful feeling.... puppy breath!!! I love it!:chili:
Oh I can't wait! I almost forgot about the puppy breath!! :wub:

CONGRATS! The new love of you life and I have the same birthdate. The next months will go quicky, and he'll be home soon. :D
That is too cool Marsha! Birthday buddies!
I sure hope the months go by quickly! It seems like I've been waiting forever and a century to get the little guy!

#36 ·
So excited for you! :dancing banana: Can't wait to see pics of your sweet boy. I bet he's as precious as they come! :wub:
I can't wait either!! :D and I'm sure he'll be precious too!

Congratulations on finding your perfect puppy!! I am so glad that you are having such a good experience with Bonnie. I wish that my experience with Bonnie was a more positive one. I hope things continue to go smoothly for you!
Thank you! I'm sorry your experience with Bonnie didn't go so well. If you want to PM me to further explain, feel free!

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. Hope things are going ok now for you.

To the op, I love the name Pellinore you have picked out! Very unique!! having a new puppy is definitely like having a newborn baby in the house! So many things to 'get' and so much to worry about!
Thank you! I love the name too! For some reason, it just stuck! and I'm definately worrying myself to the point of craziness!

I too am sorry that your experience with Bonnie wasn't a positive one, i understand where your coming from.

Congratulations again on your new baby and i just love the name you picked out for him.
I hope that your puppy turns out to be everything that you want and that he is everything that Bonnie has told you he will be.
Thank you! and I hope so too! :D

Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see the new baby! I have the Iris pen with 4 panels and it's been perfect for me. If I had two dogs using it I'd get the extra panels.
Thank you so much! :D I can't wait to see him either!! :chili:

So you don't think I'll need the two extra panels if it's going to be just him?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.