Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a female puppy and I am getting completely frustrated. I was conversing through e-mail with some internet ads(which make me completely nervous).This person never gave me a name and a phone number that I only got a fax machine sound.When she(?) told me that the puppy was in Chicago(her ad was from Georgia) I said where and I would go pick her up instead of having her shippped. I never heard back from this person. I now have called some newspaper ads. There is one female for $1000,but she is CKC registered.My feeling is that a AKC registration is better, more acceptable. Am I correct in this? Is CKC being more accepted as this breeder is trying to tell me? Do any of you know a good breeder in Michigan?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
The American Maltese Association has several breeders listed in Michigan. Click on the link to the AMA and then "Breeder's List" in the left navigation.

American Maltese Association

While buying from an AMA member has no guarantees, you can at least know that they abide by certain standards that are important such as not letting them go home before 12 weeks. If I were in your shoes, that's where I would start.

The breeder you mentioned does not sound like someone I would want to do business with.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
All reputable breeders will always register with AKC. I will not go with a breeder that doesn't. In Canada, the equivalent is Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) not to be confused with Continental Kennel Club.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Nov 10 2005, 01:52 AM
All reputable breeders will always register with AKC.  I will not go with a breeder that doesn't.  In Canada, the equivalent is Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) not to be confused with Continental Kennel Club.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118541
[/QUOTE]
The Continental Kennel Club will register pretty much any dog. This is the one puppymills use.

For a couple of hundred more you might be able to find a puppy from a good and reputable breeder. I know males in the midwest from a good breeder start at around $1000. Females start at $1500.

Questions To Ask Breeders, And Things To Look For

1 - 5 of 5 Posts