Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YOu know I am not sure. lol I was playing with her last night and noticed she was missing a tooth (bottom row..right smack in the middle). Not sure how to tell the difference. :eek:) But she is still chewing a lot!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
well, its possible that she lost an adult tooth if she hit it. like sprite chipped her top front tooth--and the other front tooth is dead.
you'd have to ask a vet. if its a baby tooth--im sure thats fine. but if she has no discomfort, i wouldnt totally worry.
sorry if i couldnt help.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
One of the vets I went to told me that if I wanted to check to see if there were any baby teeth left, and I could tell, that I could stop into the vets office and pretty much anyone that worked there could check by just looking at them. I personally noticed that the baby teeth are smaller and very sharp. Adult teeth are bigger and not as sharp.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi is about 6 1/2 months old. When she got spayed on July 30 I had the vet check to see if she had any baby teeth left and if so to pull them. The vet said that she did not have any baby teeth left.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy is 7 months old and he's still losing baby teeth. I gave him some harder toys and that seems to be what is getting out those stubborn teeth. I think he'll probably have to have his top and lower canines removed because those are not budging.. not amount of tug of war seems to make those little teeth want to move an inch. I was really hoping we'd be able to avoid having to do that, but oh well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts