Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Prissy update!!

I think she is gonna have her pups soon. she isnt showing major signs of labor yet. However, she wont leave my side she whines a little. She knows somethings up. I will keep you guys updated. I know when she is in labor and popping the babies out I will be on her and posting up to date information even though it will probly 3 in the morning and no one will be on. I just thought you guys would want to know what was going on. I will try to take picture during the birth as well. I will talk to you guys later.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by RexsMom@Jun 30 2005, 05:28 PM
How exciting!!!!  I can't wait to see pictures of the babes!  BTW-I love your new signature!  Prissy is beautiful!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76674
[/QUOTE]
I love my sig. ladymontava did a great job. thanks to everyone for there support so far no more signs of labor maybe it wasnt anything I want this to be over I'm just worried she will have them this weekend on sunday when I'm gone. My mom will be here and I'm only 30 min away and Prissy can take several hours before the first pup so by the time I get back I wont miss a thing. But its just the inconvience of driving back and my plans being all messed up. I wish I could decided for her what time she needs to have them. They normally pick the worst times.

thanks
sarah

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by LucyLou@Jun 30 2005, 06:19 PM
Sarah, has her stomach and vulva gone soft yet?  I can usually tell within a few hours by watching this. 
Please keep us posted, and do try to take pictures.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76691
[/QUOTE]

I have heard that this is something to watch for however I normaly know she is ready by the panting first before the softening. She pants like crazy so much her whole face gets wet. I'm afraid this might be another false alarm.

Her normal temp ranges from 100.4 to 100.9

earlier it was 99.0 now it has worked its was up to 100.4 plus she is eating so I think no pups.

How much should the temp drop and when it does it means the next 24 or 48 hrs I have heard so many different opinions,

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I hope Prissy is doing alright. Take care of her!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing yet she is doing great not showing any signs of labor her temp is a 99.6 so just a little low. I will let yall know the min anything happens. I just got through brushing her and man she hates me for brushing her. she is hiding from me :lol:

thanks for the support

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok heres an update she has been acting a little funny normally she stays in her box for a few min and when I leave the room she goes back under my bed which is where she LOVES to hang out. well she has been in her box all day. I went down stairs for like an hour and when I came back into my room she is still in the box and she is panting. Not heavy panting it is a little warm in here but I have two fans blowing on her. so It might be a long night for me. I will let you guys know BTW her temp is 99.1.

thats the latest
Sarah

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
how exciting! wish i was there to watch
cant wait to see pics!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I would rather have the room a little warm than the pups get chilled. I'm not sure I would want the fans blowing on her after she starts the delivery. I've been told that pups need to stay in a warmer room up to 85 degrees for the first 24 to 48 hours.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by LucyLou@Jul 1 2005, 11:38 PM
I would rather have the room a little warm than the pups get chilled.  I'm not sure I would want the fans blowing on her after she starts the delivery.  I've been told that pups need to stay in a warmer room up to 85 degrees for the first 24 to 48 hours.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77079
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the input once she starts labor we turn the fans off and keep them off once the babies are all delievered we keep a heating pad with them. I just finfshing putting prissy's hair all up that took me a while. I have to post these pics she looks soooo funny. Give me a sec and I'll up load them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts