Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When does a maltese adult hair come in? I think Lacey's coat is getting a silky feeling to it, hard to tell from day to day but it feels really silky. When I first brought her home her coat didn't feel like this but I don't know if this is from daily brushing and conditioner or if her adult coat is coming in. She is now 6 months old. Does anyone know when the adult coat is fully in?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would also love to know when they get their adult coats. I heard that when they switch over from puppy coat to adult coat they get more mats. I'm not sure if this is true or not but I certainly hope not! <_<

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Aug 23 2004, 07:25 AM
The puppy coat usually starts to transition at about eight months of age. Grooming is really crutial around this time as they will tend to mat more easily. :ph34r:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7399
[/QUOTE]

That explains a LOT.. Tuffy has been getting a lot of mats lately and I have noticed his hair feeling a little different than when he was younger. Haircut here we come :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lacey just turned 6 months old and I have noticed in the past week or so that her hair feels cooler than I remember it.

Thanks all of the advice. I comb and brush her everynight so I hope we don't have problems with matting when she is older. She has had one small mate and boy did she fight me on trying to get it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts