Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I hope your Christmas day is Merry!!

I ran across a really sad ad on puppyfind.com...please read and spread the word:

MALTESE
125926#ID number-Will be put to sleep by
12/28/04

If need more info contactMemphis Shelter.IF
NOT ADOPTED by DUE OUT DATE THE ANIMAL WILL
BE DESTROYED.To adopt you MUST visit,or
contact the Memphis Animal Shelter.If out of
state/cannot visit the shelter by due out
date, visit raot.org & go to homeward bound
application

901-362-5310


OTHER SHELTER PETS AVAILABLE
If I lived up north, I 'd adopt one of these babies in no time!


maltepooSTAR
Breed: Maltese
Sex: Female
Birthdate: 11-1-2004 (7 weeks)
Color / markings: White~Price is?-Small Adopt Fe
Champion bloodlines: No
Champion sired: No

Potential: Perfect pet
Price: USD $50.00
Shipping area: Not Available
What's included: AKC registration, Current vaccinations, Travel crate.
Additional information: We are so cute-sis & bro: STAR & NIKO. About
8 weeks &will be very tiny sweet
Angels.Healthy & have already been vet
checked, we will be completely vetted before
we leave. this is included in the tax
deductible adoption fee.MUST have an
established vet history to adopt. If your
interested please forward your Vet's name,
address & ph # to Debco:
[email protected] 573-434-6294.


AndyShelter
Breed: Maltese
Sex: Male
Birthdate: 11-1-2004 (7 weeks)
Color / markings: White~Price is?-Small adopt Fe
Champion bloodlines: No
Champion sired: No

Potential: Perfect pet
Price: USD $50.00
Shipping area: Not Available
What's included: Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examination, Certificate of health.
Additional information: 2.5 pds & 8 WKS old, completely vetted, &
will be neutered before I go to my new
home.MUST have a established Vet history to
adopt & Debco says I can't fly by myself. If
you like me & want me to come live at your
house please email Debco:
[email protected] or call:
573-434-6294 w/your Vet's name, address and
phone number. Vet work is included in tax
deductible adoption fee.


NYyorkiepoo
Breed: Yorkshire Terrier
Sex: Female
Birthdate: 11-1-2004 (7 weeks)
Color / markings: Gold-bday is a guess
Champion bloodlines: No
Champion sired: No

Potential: Perfect pet
Price: USD $450.00
Shipping area: Not Available
What's included: Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examination, Certificate of health.
Additional information: Contact below knows b-day info.Yorkshire
Terrier, Poodle mix puppies.2 -still too
young to be spayed. If interested in these
cuties, please Contact Clarie at:
[email protected] or 585/786-8777 only
serious inquiries who understand that the
adoption fee is $450.We are in western
NY,adopting mostly only to the western NY
area
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by BrookeB676@Dec 25 2004, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone, I hope your Christmas day is Merry!!

I ran across a really sad ad on puppyfind.com...please read and spread the word:

MALTESE
125926#ID number-Will be put to sleep by
12/28/04

If need more info contactMemphis Shelter.IF
NOT ADOPTED by DUE OUT DATE THE ANIMAL WILL
BE DESTROYED.To adopt you MUST visit,or
contact the Memphis Animal Shelter.If out of
state/cannot visit the shelter by due out
date, visit raot.org & go to homeward bound
application

901-362-5310
We need to get this baby in to rescue. Does anyone know which rescue group handles the Memphis area?

I tried to find the listing for this baby on Puppyfind.com and it did not come up. Could you provide the link. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 26 2004, 10:25 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BrookeB676
@Dec 25 2004, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone, I hope your Christmas day is Merry!!

I ran across a really sad ad on puppyfind.com...please read and spread the word:

MALTESE
125926#ID number-Will be put to sleep by
12/28/04

If need more info contactMemphis Shelter.IF
NOT ADOPTED by DUE OUT DATE THE ANIMAL WILL
BE DESTROYED.To adopt you MUST visit,or
contact the Memphis Animal Shelter.If out of
state/cannot visit the shelter by due out
date, visit raot.org & go to homeward bound
application

901-362-5310
We need to get this baby in to rescue. Does anyone know which rescue group handles the Memphis area?

I tried to find the listing for this baby on Puppyfind.com and it did not come up. Could you provide the link. Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25398
[/B][/QUOTE]
There has been much discussion on the Rescue by Debco on the forum at Petfinder.com She is selling sick puppies that are rejuects from the mills. She places a large price on these known sick puppies. One person adopted a shih-tzu for 550.00 that had been spayed which caused many problems as this little baby was only 2 pounds. Was told she was 14 weeks and her vet has told her this sweet puppy is only 8 weeks. Will not help with the vet bills but has offered to trade puppies. Debco has lost her license due to the neglect of her animals.
Listed Shelter in Missouri- post
http://www.petfinder.com/messageboa...pic.php?t=44652
Please help stop Rescues by Debco. My puppy is dying!- post
http://www.petfinder.com/messageboa...pic.php?t=46747
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Shada@Dec 26 2004, 10:59 AM
There has been much discussion on the Rescue by Debco on the forum at Petfinder.com She is selling sick puppies that are rejuects from the mills. She places a large price on these known sick puppies. One person adopted a shih-tzu for 550.00 that had been spayed which caused many problems as this little baby was only 2 pounds. Was told she was 14 weeks and her vet has told her this sweet puppy is only 8 weeks. Will not help with the vet bills but has offered to trade puppies. Debco has lost her license due to the neglect of her animals.
Listed Shelter in Missouri- post
http://www.petfinder.com/messageboa...pic.php?t=44652
Please help stop Rescues by Debco. My puppy is dying!- post
http://www.petfinder.com/messageboa...pic.php?t=46747
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25405
[/QUOTE]


Hi, I tried the two links but got this message both times:

"Oops! The page you are looking for does not exist. You can click one of the links in the menu bar at the top of the page, or click here to go back to the home page.
If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact us at the reception desk. "
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by BrookeB676@Dec 25 2004, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone, I hope your Christmas day is Merry!!

I ran across a really sad ad on puppyfind.com...please read and spread the word:

MALTESE
125926#ID number-Will be put to sleep by
12/28/04

If need more info contactMemphis Shelter.IF
NOT ADOPTED by DUE OUT DATE THE ANIMAL WILL
BE DESTROYED.To adopt you MUST visit,or
contact the Memphis Animal Shelter.If out of
state/cannot visit the shelter by due out
date, visit raot.org & go to homeward bound
applicalive
OTHER SHELTER PETS AVAILABLE
If I lived up north, I 'd adopt one of these babies in no time! 

 
maltepooSTAR
Breed: Maltese
Sex: Female
Birthdate: 11-1-2004 (7 weeks)
Color / markings: White~Price is?-Small Adopt Fe
Champion bloodlines: No
Champion sired: No

Potential: Perfect pet
Price: USD $50.00
Shipping area: Not Available
What's included: AKC registration, Current vaccinations, Travel crate.
Additional information: We are so cute-sis & bro: STAR & NIKO. About
8 weeks &will be very tiny sweet
Angels.Healthy & have already been vet
checked, we will be completely vetted before
we leave. this is included in the tax
deductible adoption fee.MUST have an
established vet history to adopt. If your
interested please forward your Vet's name,
address & ph # to Debco:
[email protected] 573-434-6294.


AndyShelter
Breed: Maltese
Sex: Male
Birthdate: 11-1-2004 (7 weeks)
Color / markings: White~Price is?-Small adopt Fe
Champion bloodlines: No
Champion sired: No

Potential: Perfect pet
Price: USD $50.00
Shipping area: Not Available
What's included: Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examination, Certificate of health.
Additional information: 2.5 pds & 8 WKS old, completely vetted, &
will be neutered before I go to my new
home.MUST have a established Vet history to
adopt & Debco says I can't fly by myself. If
you like me & want me to come live at your
house please email Debco:
[email protected] or call:
573-434-6294 w/your Vet's name, address and
phone number. Vet work is included in tax
deductible adoption fee.


NYyorkiepoo
Breed: Yorkshire Terrier
Sex: Female
Birthdate: 11-1-2004 (7 weeks)
Color / markings: Gold-bday is a guess
Champion bloodlines: No
Champion sired: No

Potential: Perfect pet
Price: USD $450.00
Shipping area: Not Available
What's included: Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examination, Certificate of health.
Additional information: Contact below knows b-day info.Yorkshire
Terrier, Poodle mix puppies.2 -still too
young to be spayed. If interested in these
cuties, please Contact Clarie at:
[email protected] or 585/786-8777 only
serious inquiries who understand that the
adoption fee is $450.We are in western
NY,adopting mostly only to the western NY
area
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25389
[/QUOTE]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
sorry i messed that up.im going to call monday and see if i can get the poor thing ,this is horrilbe.My son lives in Tenn. and if i can get it he can pick her up till i get there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by sheila2182@Dec 26 2004, 09:49 AM
sorry i messed that up.im going to call monday and see if i can get the poor thing ,this is horrilbe.My son lives in Tenn. and if i can get it  he can pick her up till i get there
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25410
[/QUOTE]

sorry guys, I am not sure of the link! I found this on the yorkie forum that I belong to and was in a rush but decided to post it here realy quick. Maybe when you call them they can tell you, but I just hate to hear of any animal being destroyed, I sure hope someone can find these babies and help them! I thought it was very rare of a maltese or any toy dog to be put to sleep!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by BrookeB676+Dec 26 2004, 12:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sheila2182
@Dec 26 2004, 09:49 AM
sorry i messed that up.im going to call monday and see if i can get the poor thing ,this is horrilbe.My son lives in Tenn. and if i can get it  he can pick her up till i get there
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25410
sorry guys, I am not sure of the link! I found this on the yorkie forum that I belong to and was in a rush but decided to post it here realy quick. Maybe when you call them they can tell you, but I just hate to hear of any animal being destroyed, I sure hope someone can find these babies and help them! I thought it was very rare of a maltese or any toy dog to be put to sleep!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25415
[/B][/QUOTE]
I'm wondering if the link doesn't work because the dog is no longer available ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
Here is the link to specs on the Maltese at risk - I read frequently on shelters, and Memphis has a VERY bad reputation. Photo of Little Girl Maltese Stray at Risk

Sylvia Cox, a volunteer, goes in daily and takes photos of the animals held there and posts their availability wherever she can.

Here is the petfinder link to information on the Memphis Animal Shelter operations: Memphis Animal Shelter

They keep strays three days, put them up for adoption one day, put them to sleep the next if not adopted on their only available day.

Sheila, it would be awesome if your son could pick her up. I would if I could, live waayyy too far away.

As for the Debco postings, they look suspicious to me. Their petfinder page has a whole public relations blurb on spotting an unlicensed rescue org (they must have received complaints, etc... to feel the need to post that. Then, they state: Rescue by Debco has a business license and are licensed as a ANIMAL CARE FACILITY for the state of Missouri and have a federal tax ID. All this means is that they are a registered business with the right to resell and collect sales tax. As for being an animal care facility in Missouri-- that doesn't mean a lot. Missouri is a notorious puppy mill state with horrific animal protection laws and I'll bet that a lot of puppy mills, etc...are registered as animal care facilities...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Dec 26 2004, 02:55 PM
Here is the link to specs on the Maltese at risk - I read frequently on shelters, and Memphis has a VERY bad reputation.  Photo of Little Girl Maltese Stray at Risk

Sylvia Cox, a volunteer, goes in daily and takes photos of the animals held there and posts their availability wherever she can. 

Here is the petfinder link to information on the Memphis Animal Shelter operations:  Memphis Animal Shelter

They keep strays three days, put them up for adoption one day, put them to sleep the next if not adopted on their only available day.

Sheila, it would be awesome if your son could pick her up. I would if I could, live waayyy too far away.

As for the Debco postings, they look suspicious to me.  Their petfinder page has a whole public relations blurb on spotting an unlicensed rescue org (they must have received complaints, etc... to feel the need to post that.  Then, they state:  Rescue by Debco has a business license and are licensed as a ANIMAL CARE FACILITY for the state of Missouri and have a federal tax ID.  All this means is that they are a registered business with the right to resell and collect sales tax.  As for being an animal care facility in Missouri-- that doesn't mean a lot.  Missouri is a  notorious puppy mill state with horrific animal protection laws and I'll bet that a lot of puppy mills, etc...are registered as animal care facilities...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25419
[/QUOTE]
I will try one more time. If this does not work, go to Petfinder message board and put Debco into the search. It is a recent post, still on first page. Good luck..
http://www.petfinder.com/messageboa...pic.php?t=46747
http://www.petfinder.com/messageboa...pic.php?t=44652
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
Sylphide Mom,thank you for that link,she looks soo sweet.I live in Iowa but my oldest son lives in Tenn. I know if i could get her he would go and pick her up then i would drive down there.I was going to Tenn. the end of Jan. but could move the trip up. I just cant stand any kill shelters.There are too many people willing to adopt if the shelters would make the adoption fees something everyone could afford.I had applied to adopt another baby but someone beat me too it.So this one could take her place.Anyway i wish today was Monday so i could call.Oh man i just went to their hours and they are closed Monday and Tues is her last day .What if they do it first thing,OMG
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
This is breaking my heart.... I went to the Memphis shelter page.... This is atrocious..... how can the people of Memphis allow this shelter to be run this way..... unbelievable!!

Sheila, I hope your son can get there in time!! Have him plan to be there as soon as they open up at 10:00 on the 28th. (Note they say "cash or check only") It says animals are PTS (put to sleep!!) the morning after their due out date.... so if he gets there on the 28th, you should be there in time.... Please keep us posted!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
Oh my...I hope your son makes it there in time. She is so adorable. I hate the kills shelters too. I do wish there was no need for them, that all animals had a loving, warm home. My husband and I donate money at the holidays to the shelters. I work for a local county and we have a kill shelter here. Alot of us just found out the other day that everything that we donate...food, toys, blankets don't go to the animals. It just sits in a back room. No one can tell us why. I could understand if dog/cat food was donated that was open but everything I have donated has been in a sealed bag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
If you go to petfinder.com and for the state put TN, or Missouri, or NY....they pages you want should show up. Hope that's what you guys needed to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
I think this is horrific and what annoys me is the people who are posting these dog ad's say how they arent responsible and are basically posting for that memphis place should go pick up the dogs so they have time to get them adopted
this is so sad i hope you get there in time to save her
God Bless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
I just talked to me son,he is going to talk to his wife,and call me back.They would have to take off work and drive 400 miles to get her.Not sure if they can do that.This just makes me sick.Will keep everyone posted.I just cant believe someone wouldnt take her because of her age(only 5).So sad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182@Dec 26 2004, 01:14 PM
Sylphide Mom,thank you for that link,she looks soo sweet.I live in Iowa but my oldest son lives in Tenn. I know if i could get her he would go and pick her up then i would drive down there.I was going to Tenn. the end of Jan. but could move the trip up. I just cant stand any kill shelters.There are too many people willing to adopt if the shelters would make the adoption fees something everyone could afford.I had applied to adopt another baby but someone beat me too it.So this one could take her place.Anyway i wish today was Monday so i could call.Oh man i just went to their hours and they are closed Monday and Tues is her last day .What if they do it first thing,OMG
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25423
[/QUOTE]

Sheila...They're open Mondays. They just close early. Have you talked to your son? How many hrs away does he live from Memphis?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
Oh lord,yes i just talked to him.They cant go get her.
They say its too far of a trip for them,and then they would have to miss work.I would just go now but one of the girls that works for me is gone to Venezulla (spelling) on vac. to see her hushands family so im a girl short already.So if i went that would leave my other girls working two people short.So i cant do that.So i guess me getting her is something thats not going to happen.This just makes me sick.My stromach has been going crazy since i first read this thread.Now knowing i cant save her makes it worse.
I just pray someone will save her.Im still going to call,maybe if i fed.express the money to them they will hold her till i can get down there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182@Dec 26 2004, 07:32 PM
Oh lord,yes i just talked to him.They cant go get her.
They say its too far of a trip for them,and then they would have to miss work.I would just go now but one of the girls that works for me is gone to Venezulla (spelling) on vac. to see her hushands family so im a girl short already.So if i went that would leave my other girls working two people short.So i cant do that.So i guess me getting her is something thats not going to happen.This just makes me sick.My stromach has been going crazy since i first read this thread.Now knowing i cant save her makes it worse.
  I just pray someone will save her.Im still going to call,maybe if i fed.express the money to them they will hold her till i can get down there.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25452
[/QUOTE]

Sheila, the site says that the won't hold dogs and you must go in person...


However, if they have a heart at all, perhaps they will be flexible. I would send them a check and perhaps tell them that you will pay for her care until you can pick her up in January. I'd send extra $ for that purpose......

I also suggest that you write a bit about yourself and your dog experience. I would send photos of your own baby and would include a note from the vet verifying that you are a responsible pet owner, etc.

Send all that with the $$$ and let's hope for the best!
 
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Top