Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this subject has been brought up before so ...

We all understand where most of the pet shop puppies come from, pet brokers and puppy mills BUT at the same time, how can we, in good faith, walk past a shop and see an adorable fur baby and not want to rescue it? do we think we are doing a favor to the pup? i mean, what if no one bought him/her what would we be sentencing this pup too?

What really happens when NOBODY purchases these lil guys? Do they go back to the PuppyMill to breed? Or are they sent somewhere else? Isn't that sentencing it to more pain and heartache, etc.?

Pls. remember, I am new so be gentle with me

*'we' is used as a general term*

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by sassy14830@Aug 6 2005, 01:42 AM
This would for sure effect the breeder I work for and other breeder of other breeds who are making a huge impact in the improvement in there breed. I know I heard a conversation about a citylaw being passed setting outrageous regs on breeders in Austin, Tx. I need to look in on this more. Good thing my employer lives just a block from the city limits. Its sad the effect this will have on all animals.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87710
[/QUOTE]

thank you for the article LL.
I wanted to also let you guys know that i read somewhere that (i'm paraphrasing here but the ending is actual) once the petstores stop buying from said mill, the mill owner realizes the female producing the pups are inferior and then kills the dog.
I mean, regardless what we do, these dogs, be it the parent(s) or the pups, are still suffering.

It's a no win situation and it makes me truly sad.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Quincymom@Aug 8 2005, 05:16 PM
I have heard (don't know if it is true) that any puppies left over are bought back by the broker and sold for god knows what use--breeding, research or worse. It makes it even harder to think of leaving that poor puppy in the cage, it is just a nightmare situation all the way around.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88395
[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.