Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've used Pure Paws exclusively since I got Pico and I like everything about it except it's a bit thick. I dilute the conditioner with water and put it in a pump bottle, then pump it into my hands to work it into his fur.

The shampoo is thick, too and can be diluted as well. It's a bit of a pain but a bottle lasts me over a year.

I also don't care for the bottle the conditioning spray comes in so I put it into a trigger-handle spray bottle so it's easier to apply when I'm brushing him.

I love the way these products smell......not too sweet, just fresh.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have used Pure Paws on both Kylie and Katie. I'm not overly thrilled with them, but I haven't ever been overly thrilled with any shampoo or conditioner. The only thing I have that works on either of them is something I got from the groomer called Plum Silky and a conditioner that is supposed to be used like a hot oil treatment (same brand, but I don't know the name). I'm still waiting to try Bless the Beasts on Katie, but I've got to convince hubby that we need more dog shampoo first.. LOL!
Jess

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Aug 28 2005, 03:22 PM
I've used Pure Paws exclusively since I got Pico and I like everything about it except it's a bit thick.  I dilute the conditioner with water and put it in a pump bottle, then pump it into my hands to work it into his fur.

The shampoo is thick, too and can be diluted as well.  It's a bit of a pain but a bottle lasts me over a year.

I also don't care for the bottle the conditioning spray comes in so I put it into a trigger-handle spray bottle so it's easier to apply when I'm brushing him.

I love the way these products smell......not too sweet, just fresh.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94714
[/QUOTE]

I always have a bunch of pump/spray bottles handy for my own little hair concoctions :lol: so it's good to know someone else can profit from them.

*Question for everyone*
Do you use the ultra deep conditioner? Do you find that the conditioning spray feels sticky or makes the dog's coat "grab on" to particles because of the oil?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
there's this stuff....called "the stuff" LOL. thats a spray on conditioner thingy...the groomers use it. like you towel dry the dog a little bit, spray on the stuff....then you blow dry the hair. it makes it soft and easier to brush

The Stuff

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am not a big fan of the ultra deep conditioner, I used it a few times on my show havanese and it made his coat way too flat and greasy-looking. I tried the conditioning spray but honestly I like Ice on Ice a LOT better. The shampoos are great, the moisturizing conditioner I like...and I like the breed-specific user instructions they offer.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Aug 28 2005, 08:54 PM
there's this stuff....called "the stuff"  LOL.  thats a spray on conditioner thingy...the groomers use it.  like you towel dry the dog a little bit, spray on the stuff....then you blow dry the hair.  it makes it soft and easier to brush

The Stuff
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94855
[/QUOTE]

I will only use this on a matted dog before I bathe it. I won't leave it in the coat as it has silicone in it and will cause more harm than good drying out the coat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts