Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Noriko's first mentral cycle. I don't know what to expect. PLEASE TELL ME that her nipples turning purple is just part of the menstral cycle. 2 of her nipples are purple like it's bruised. No milk or anything. A couple days ago, they were really swollen like a pimple w/pus. She's about 2 wks into her cycle. No more bleeding but still swollen vulva. I was rubbing on it earlier and I don't know if her tummy was growling or if I heard a different heart beat. I want to say that it was growling. I would think it's too early for me to feel a heart beat since it takes a month until you can feel it....right?!?!?!?! One of the first things I do when I wake up is check spoiledmaltese. I'll call the vet second

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 9 2004, 12:50 AM
This is Noriko's first mentral cycle.  I don't know what to expect.  PLEASE TELL ME that her nipples turning purple is just part of the menstral cycle.  2 of her nipples are purple like it's bruised.  No milk or anything.  A couple days ago, they were really swollen like a pimple w/pus.  She's about 2 wks into her cycle.  No more bleeding but still swollen vulva.  I was rubbing on it earlier and I don't know if her tummy was growling or if I heard a different heart beat.  I want to say that it was growling.  I would think it's too early for me to feel a heart beat since it takes a month until you can feel it....right?!?!?!?!  One of the first things I do when I wake up is check spoiledmaltese.  I'll call the vet second

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11574
[/QUOTE]

:eek:
By "heartbeat" - are you thinking she might have gotten pregnant?

or did I miss something somewhere else? If you are talking about puppies...could you FEEL the heartbeat of one anyway?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the vet. They say discoloration of the nipple is normal. But I did read that discoloration is a sign of pregnancy too.

Tlunn--Yeah, I thought she was pregnant. I was so scared. She's like 4 lbs and Cloud is 10 lbs. Plus she's only 9 mos old. I know I couldnt have heard a heartbeat. I think it's just because it's my first time experiencing this, that you get overly worried/paranoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts