Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I went to Costco and I brought quite a bit a cash on me because I was looking to buy a dresser drawer. Instead I only bought a few groceries.
As I walked over to my SUV I put my purse on the passenger side seat and closed the door. As I was loading up my trunk I heard some noise when I looked it was a lady who opened up my car door, stole my purse and took off running into the get away vehicle.:blink:
I screamed so loud and I was trembling . All the people in the parking lot came running to me and they called police. All my credit cards, SIN, health card, cash, photos.....everything GONE:w00t: I had everything in there and I am so so so upset. I believe in Karma and I hope this lady gets caught. The police said they cannot do anything about it cause it happens all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
OMG, I'm so sorry this happened to you! Get busy reporting stolen cards and cell phone right away (I had a $250 bill when my cell was stolen because the thief downloaded a bunch of ring tones and music.)

Maybe you should call a news station. This lady has obviously done this kind of thing in the past and if your news station airs the story it could prevent another theft or even cause the lady to be caught.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
What an upsetting thing to have happened!
I am glad you are okay (physically).
What a shake up.
Can Costco check their security tapes of the parking lot for the theifs picture?

·
Registered
563 Posts
what a nightmare, I hope she gets what is coming to her too, and Miki is right, get busy and call all the right people to get ahead of her!!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I am so sorry this happened. Start calling about your credit cards, cell phone, your bank, everything. I would also check with the security at Costco they should have a tape if they have video cameras in their parking lot, and the police should have done a report. Sometimes the police are the only ones that can request a copy of the tape from Costco in an instance like this.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
That is awful! I hope you are able to cancel your cards, alert the proper businesses, etc without too much trouble. I hope the lady gets caught. The worst part is probably the cash, obviously no matter what that will be gone. :(

I can't believe someone (even a thief) would open your car door with you RIGHT THERE! I always hold onto my purse and keep all the doors locked while I load up the trunk but it is a huge hassle to try and carry my purse while loading stuff so I can see why you put it in the car. I'm so sorry. :(

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
What a nightmare. I have dreams all the time that I lost my purse or that someone stole it. I hope they catch her and she gets double the karma back. Glad you're ok though. :)

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
That is terrible...I know how you feel. I was in Pathmark about a year and a half ago, and my bag was stolen out of the wagon when I wasn't looking. I did get my bag back as it was left in the store but 5 $100 bills were missing but luckily all my credit cards and license, etc. were still in there... I hope they catch that woman.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
If your cell phone had GPS, it can be located. Call the police and your cell phone provider and have them locate the phone via GPS. If she is a dumb thief, she left the phone in the purse. So sorry for you!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh no! You poor thing! It's terrible what people will do.
Glad you were not hurt and hope you are feeling a bit better physically.
Hugs and puppy kisses

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I'm really sorry that happened to you and I can only imagine how scary it was. Pam has a great idea about the cell phone.
I'm a big believer in Karma too so I'm sure some its only a matter of time until it catches up with her.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
That is AWFUL. So sorry this has happened to you. :grouphug: Good idea about he GPS though, although they would have to be quick.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Ugh - how horrible. I had my purse stolen back in the 70's when crime was big in the city. Actually safer now. You should probably look in all the garbage cans near where you were because very often thieves take the cash and dump the bag in the garbage can. Report all you cards missing right away. I always photocopy all my charge cards in my wallet and keep a copy in my house in a case like this so I can remember all the cards that are there. Good luck. Didn't know if your phone was in there or not.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My cell phone was not stolen..... it was in my coat pocket. Costco has NO outdoor parking lot cameras at all:angry: The women was really tiny and looked like a gypsy. Costco says they see these people all the time asking people for money and have to tell them to leave. The lady got away so quickly that no one knew nothing about the car she left in.I have called about all the credit cards but I am very worried that now they know all about where I live and will come to my home:smscare2:
Jenna

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
My cell phone was not stolen..... it was in my coat pocket. Costco has NO outdoor parking lot cameras at all:angry: The women was really tiny and looked like a gypsy. Costco says they see these people all the time asking people for money and have to tell them to leave. The lady got away so quickly that no one knew nothing about the car she left in.I have called about all the credit cards but I am very worried that now they know all about where I live and will come to my home:smscare2:
Jenna
They usually just want the quick bucks in your bag so I wouldn't be overly afraid but of course think about precautions. I like the idea of the tv news or a newspaper since Costco says it happens all the time.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
OMG, I am so sorry this happened to you!!!! I always feel so dumb clicking my locks locked all the time.....even to put my cart away....

My wish is that you find your identity stuff and start locking you car all the time!!!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Wow, the people on here had some great suggestions. To bad you couldn't see the car license plate. Gypsy? Where do you live? I'm always getting teased for not carrying a purse, now I am glad.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
Sounds like a gypsy,we had trouble w/ them in a store I used to work in ,only a couple years ago.
I hope they don't steal your identity,make sure to contact all your credit card companies and an identity monitoring service...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts